North Broward Preparatory School
5.00 (1 review)
- North Broward Prep is committed to the development of the whole child and to helping each student discover his/her talents and special aptitudes.
- Our interscholastic athletics, leadership, and service experiences help shape students` character, teach teamwork, and build confidence.Students at NBPS receive the best of contemporary independent school education.
- This includes differentiation, both within classrooms and within academic disciplines, to address the needs of all students.
- We offer college prep, honors, advanced placement and International Baccalaureate courses.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||1,445 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||149 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP and IB Courses Offered|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki shorts and polo uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||PK-K ($22,825); 1st-5th ($25,750); 6th-8th ($27,750); 9th-12th ($30,825)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
|Admissions Director||Carmen Johnson|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- North Broward Preparatory School is a private school nestled between Parkland and Boca Raton, Florida. The school offers a learning environment designed to develop global citizens, innovators and creative thinkers for PreK3-12th grade students. NBPS is committed to offering an enriched curriculum supported by innovative technology and STEAM initiatives, vibrant fine arts and competitive athletic programs. Students are challenged to think creatively and be ambitious for success in college and beyond. As a member of Nord Anglia Education, students at NBPS experience unique global opportunities, world-class faculty, extraordinary partnerships with leading organizations such as The Juilliard School and MIT and global classroom collaborations.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Lauderdale Grades: NS-12 | 1818 students
2401 W Cypress Creek Road
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
(954)905-5100 8.4 NS-12
- Boca Raton Grades: PK-12 | 582 students
470 NW 4th Ave.
Boca Raton, FL 33432
(561)391-2727 6.1 PK-12
Simply no other private college prep school like this in South Florida. Incredibly rigorous academics combined with an amazing whole student philosophy guided by the International Baccalaureate Diploma program culture. Exclusive partnerships with MIT (STEAM) and Juilliard School (fine arts) are amazing. Beautiful 80 acre campus with new Global Wellness Center plus International Residential Village for hundreds of boarding students from 27+ countries.
- Posted by Parent - Dad
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.