Pacific Lutheran Jr. / Sr. High School
5.00 (17 reviews)
Tel: (310) 538-6863
Pacific Lutheran Jr. / Sr. High School Photo #2 - Pacific Lutheran Jr./Sr. High School's year-end teambuilding trip on the rapids!
- The purpose of Pacific Lutheran Jr./ Sr. High School is to lead young people to grow spiritually, academically, physically, and socially, in favor with God and mankind.
- The school seeks to provide a safe, comfortable, and supportive environment in which to learn the skills that lead to a proactive life and meet the requirements for college entrance.
- Through the Christian perspective of the curriculum, and with teachers who model the Christian life, the school in partnership with the parents, seeks to build character in students which gives glory to God.
- To the best of our God given abilities, we will offer your son or daughter a college preparatory course of study in a Christian environment.
- In addition, we will meet the students' needs for programs and activities that offer opportunities for them to grow in non-academic ways.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||137 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Literature, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1000|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared shirt and dockers for boys)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||International Student rate - $14,000 Annual Enrollment Fee - $500No sports or books fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Porsha Smith|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3-D Printing Club, Badminton, Health Club, Robotics, Stem Club, Student Government, video Game Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Honor's Choir, Musical Theater, Performing Arts Praise Band
- The purpose of Pacific Lutheran Jr./Sr. High School is to lead young people to grow spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially, in favor with God and mankind. The school seeks to provide a safe, comfortable, and supportive environment in which to learn the skills that lead to a proactive life and meet the requirements for college entrance. Through the Christian perspective of the curriculum, and with teachers who model the Christian life, the school in partnership with the parents, seeks to build character in students which gives glory to God. To the best of our God given abilities, we will offer to your son or daughter, a college preparatory course of study in a Christian environment. In addition, we will meet the students' needs for programs and activities that offer opportunities for them to grow in non-academic ways.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gardena Grades: 1-11 | 19 students
16219 S Western Avenue
Gardena, CA 90247
(310) 532-4850 1.3 1-11
Both of our daughters attended high school at PacLu. They had previously attended public school. They had an amazing experience! The teachers are credentialed, smart and caring. The campus and learning atmosphere is top notch and creates a safe learning environment. The teachers adapt to the learning style of the individual. Both of our kids are excelling academically in college and we are delighted we decided to send our girls to PacLu! We are thankful that PacLu invests in the lives of their students and provides an optimum learning experience.
- Posted by Parent - Heidi Kerpan
Good Christian school and nice teachers. Have much good education system and program. There is a very good relationship between teachers and students.
- Posted by Parent - Young Kim
PacLu is a great school. Not only did I notice that my son is finally being challenged educationally but is also growing spiritually. The principal and teachers really make efforts to be available and attentive to the children's needs and safety. I really appreciate the Christ-centered atmosphere and look forward to seeing what's in store for this Fall.
- Posted by Parent - Shibvouhn
Pac Lu, in short, is a pretty good school. The principal, Mr. Fitz, is a very caring and compassionate person. I had the pleasure of spending time with five of their teachers and a couple of the parents on their annual camping trip and it was a delight.
- Posted by Parent - Anthony J.
My son came to Pacific Lutheran after the school year had started. The principal and staff were warm and welcoming. They helped make this transition go smoothly and quick. The teachers are very knowledgeable and care for their students eduacation and well being.
- Posted by Parent - Jowels Mom
My child transitioned from homeschooling to PacLu this year and it has been a wonderful change! The staff truly care about the kids and their well-being, offering prayer and checking on them with me regularly. I feel completely comfortable knowing the kids are safe and having fun. It's a drama-free school. Definitely check it out!
- Posted by Parent - Current Parent
Pacific Lutheran Jr/Sr High School provides small class sizes, a safe environment, and a caring environment. The staff is supportive to the individual needs of the students.
- Posted by Parent - rw
It`s a blessing to have Pacific Lutheran Jr./Sr. High school in our area. I am currently a 5th grade teacher at a christian private school. I like to recommend my graduating students to Pacific Lutheran Junior/ high school. We work hard to make sure our students grow academically and spiritually ; the partnership with Pac Lu is great because the ministry continues. My former students tell me that they love being a Pac Lu. There are a lot of resources and personal attention. It is an intimate family atmosphere that the students are used to.
- Posted by Parent - Carol Chong
Good school. Christian based and nice community within. Extremely affordable.
- Posted by Parent - JB
Pacific Lutheran High School is an ideal school for students to learn and apply their learning effectively. The leadership is fair and maintains a moral posture. Parents are encouraged to be part of the school family. This a great school!
- Posted by Parent - Alexander
Paclu is a hidden treasure. I have two boys that go and it has been a breath of fresh air, in their education, friendships and finding a community that encourages them to stay on task and do their best.
- Posted by Parent - Kathryn Ribar
Everyone at PacLu made the transition from elementary school to middle school easy and as comfortable as can be for my son. Thank you for the support!
- Posted by Parent - Diana G
I appreciate the communication between staff and parents and how there is so much to offer. As a small school, I was surprised at the availability of a 3D printer, Science labs, Spanish, Choir, sports, and more. Because of their WASC accreditation we don't have to wonder if our students will be ready for college, we already know. Overall, I would recommend this school and have :)
- Posted by Parent - Shelley P.
I love Pacific Lutheran-jr-sr-high-schoolI have a daughter in high school and Jr high schoolPacific Lutheran has the best teachers and students.Christ center environment. If you are currently looking for a Jr high or high schoolI would totally consider calling to schedule a tour.
- Posted by Parent - Mandy and Annie's mom
Our family has been here for the past three years and I can honestly say that our experience has been a great one. The staff at Pacific Lutheran High School strives for excellence and are committed to integrity and godliness as well as promoting academic achievement. I highly recommend this school for those looking for a Christ-centered education.
- Posted by Parent - Pamela J
Pacific Lutheran is a place where you can experience a family-like environment that is driven by values that instill Christ-like ethic. Along with that, the academic environment is challenging and college preparatory. The faculty and staff have a high regard for truth and love and care for each child like they are their own! My daughter is now going off to college with scholarships in hand and I credit much of her success to Pac Lu! Thank you Pac Lu!!!
- Posted by Parent - Ray Causly
Paclu has been a blessing to my kids! The faculties and staff are very knowledgeable, very pleasant, and welcoming!The school have great academic program to help students to achieve their goals.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of Alumni and Attendee
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.