Pacific Lutheran Jr./Sr. High School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The purpose of Pacific Lutheran Jr./ Sr. High School is to lead young people to grow spiritually, academically, physically, and socially, in favor with God and mankind.
- The school seeks to provide a safe, comfortable, and supportive environment in which to learn the skills that lead to a proactive life and meet the requirements for college entrance.
- Through the Christian perspective of the curriculum, and with teachers who model the Christian life, the school in partnership with the parents, seeks to build character in students which gives glory to God.
- To the best of our God given abilities, we will offer your son or daughter a college preparatory course of study in a Christian environment.
- In addition, we will meet the students' needs for programs and activities that offer opportunities for them to grow in non-academic ways.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||98 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English Literature, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History,|
|Average SAT score||1000|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirt and dockers for boys)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||International Student rate - $14,000 Annual Enrollment Fee - $500No sports or books fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3-D Printing Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Honor's Choir, Performing Arts Praise Band
- The purpose of Pacific Lutheran Jr./Sr. High School is to lead young people to grow spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially, in favor with God and mankind. The school seeks to provide a safe, comfortable, and supportive environment in which to learn the skills that lead to a proactive life and meet the requirements for college entrance. Through the Christian perspective of the curriculum, and with teachers who model the Christian life, the school in partnership with the parents, seeks to build character in students which gives glory to God. To the best of our God given abilities, we will offer to your son or daughter, a college preparatory course of study in a Christian environment. In addition, we will meet the students' needs for programs and activities that offer opportunities for them to grow in non-academic ways.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San PedroGrades: 9-12 | 523 students
2500 N. Taper Avenue
San Pedro, CA 90731
- GardenaGrades: 9-12 | 600 students
14830 Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA 90249
- CarsonGrades: K-12 | 88 students
17705 Central Avenue
Carson, CA 90746
- TorranceGrades: 4-12 | 90 students
2201 Amapola Court
Torrance, CA 90501
- PasadenaGrades: KG-12 | 859 students
1030 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106
Our family has been here for the past three years and I can honestly say that our experience has been a great one. The staff at Pacific Lutheran High School strives for excellence and are committed to integrity and godliness as well as promoting academic achievement. I highly recommend this school for those looking for a Christ-centered education.
- Posted by Parent - Pamela J
Pacific Lutheran is a place where you can experience a family-like environment that is driven by values that instill Christ-like ethic. Along with that, the academic environment is challenging and college preparatory. The faculty and staff have a high regard for truth and love and care for each child like they are their own! My daughter is now going off to college with scholarships in hand and I credit much of her success to Pac Lu! Thank you Pac Lu!!!
- Posted by Parent - Ray Causly
Paclu has been a blessing to my kids! The faculties and staff are very knowledgeable, very pleasant, and welcoming!The school have great academic program to help students to achieve their goals.
- Posted by Parent - Parent of Alumni and Attendee
Nearby Homes for Sale
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.