Poly Prep Lower School
- The school aims to develop mentally, physically, and character. At Poly Prep, we believe in working toward the development of the whole person—health, mind, and character.
- We also believe that such an education can only be obtained within a diverse learning community.
- To this end, the school has dedicated itself to creating a genuinely heterogeneous student body, one that bridges differences and provides a vibrant and inclusive educational environment.
- When students from different backgrounds work, learn, and succeed together, individual learning is enhanced, as are the prospects for the well-being of the immediate community, and for our society as a whole.
- At Poly Prep, faculty, students, staff, parents, and alumni work together as a community of learners.
- For us, this community is defined largely by our unique status as a country day school in an urban setting.
- Students live and work together from early morning until after the school day ends.
- As educators, we consider it a duty and a privilege to bring together students from across the city and from every background, and to help them become responsible, thoughtful, active citizens.
- We believe that this kind of learning prepares them for success as participants in our democratic society and as members of the world community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-4 | 42 students
212 Hicks Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(866) 664-2070 2.1 NS-4
- Brooklyn Grades: 9-12 | 264 students
2202 60th St
Brooklyn, NY 11204
(718) 236-6363 3.7 9-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.