Smart Start Montessori
- Montessori Academy of North Hollywood is a privately owned preschool dedicated to the holistic nurturing of children and their families through the Montessori approach to education.
- Our preschool program is a hands on sensorial approach to education, with many activities to help develop hand – eye coordination, concentration, independence, and socialization.
- Preschool children are exposed to beginning writing, letter recognition, counting, colors, shapes, sizes, etc in a hands on tactile approach, using the Montessori apparatus.
- At our Kindergarten level the students read and write, do additions, subtractions, and even multiplications using the Montessori equipment, before going into our Grade One.
- Apart from these, the children also get many enrichment activities, such as arts and crafts, music, singing, poetry, painting, dancing, gymnastics, and a foreign language (Spanish) at no extra cost. Piano lessons are available for a small fee.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Crafts, Field Trips, Gymnastics, Music and Dancing, Spanish|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-1 | 54 students
2101 Echo Park Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323)663-6053 9.3 PK-1
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-PK | 30 students
1105 North Laurel Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323)650-2922 6.1 NS-PK
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-K | 101 students
2880 Rowena Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323)662-2663 7.7 NS-K
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.