Smart Start Montessori
- Montessori Academy of North Hollywood is a privately owned preschool dedicated to the holistic nurturing of children and their families through the Montessori approach to education.
- Our preschool program is a hands on sensorial approach to education, with many activities to help develop hand – eye coordination, concentration, independence, and socialization.
- Preschool children are exposed to beginning writing, letter recognition, counting, colors, shapes, sizes, etc in a hands on tactile approach, using the Montessori apparatus.
- At our Kindergarten level the students read and write, do additions, subtractions, and even multiplications using the Montessori equipment, before going into our Grade One.
- Apart from these, the children also get many enrichment activities, such as arts and crafts, music, singing, poetry, painting, dancing, gymnastics, and a foreign language (Spanish) at no extra cost. Piano lessons are available for a small fee.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Crafts, Field Trips, Gymnastics, Music and Dancing, Spanish|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-1 | 54 students
2101 Echo Park Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90026
(323)663-6053 9.3 PK-1
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-PK | 30 students
1105 North Laurel Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323)650-2922 6.1 NS-PK
- Los Angeles Grades: NS-K | 101 students
2880 Rowena Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323)662-2663 7.7 NS-K
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.