Speech & Language Development Center
- Speech and Language Development Center is a nonprofit school and therapy center serving children and young adults with special needs, age three months through 21 years.
- Drawing on over 60 years of knowledge, skill and success, SLDC provides remediation for language/learning, emotional/social and neurologically-based needs to students with a broad scope of diagnoses, including Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- The Center is certified by the California State Department of Education and licensed by the California State Department of Social Services. For more information, see www.sldc.net.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||191 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 6-12 | 87 students
11801 Mississippi Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 751-1100 28.4 6-12
- San Pablo Grades: 2-12 | 78 students
4138 Lakeside Dr
San Pablo, CA 94806
(510) 262-1500 373.9 2-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.