St Catherine Of Siena School
Tel: (818) 343-9880
- St. Catherine Of Siena School is an academic institution serving the needs of students from Preschool through eighth grade.
- Our primary goal is to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
- St. Catherine of Siena School is a Catholic educational community of students, faculty, administrators, clergy, and supportive personnel.
- Our program strives to build upon the work of the parent as primary educator, the Church community, and larger society that contributes to our students' education.
- At St. Catherine of Siena School, we teach that Catholicism is a way of live, where each student has the opportunity to develop a personal, sacramental relationship with God and to experience a sense of lived Christian community.
- We foster attitudes of respect, justice, peace, and concern for all.
- We strive to develop in each child a knowledge of the fundamentals and sacraments of our Church; essentials of the formation of a Christian life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms are required.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,769|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Softball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||"Saint Spirit" Club, Academic Junior High Decathlon, Community Service Club, Debate Team, Fantasy and Fiction Writing Club, Music Program (with Music Theory and Instrument Instruction), Student Choir Group, Student Council, Theatre Arts|
- St. Catherine of Siena School School-wide Learning Expectations We are Catholic Believers Who understand the teachings of the Catholic Church Who live and practice our Catholic Christian beliefs on a daily basis Who demonstrate an understanding of social justice and service to others in our school, parish and community We are Academic Achievers Who strive to achieve our personal best Who think critically and problem solve Who communicate effectively We are Globally Aware Citizens Who take lifelong responsibility for our own learning and actions Who respect diversity and promote tolerance for all cultures Who appreciate art, music, and physical well-being
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encino Grades: K-8 | 334 students
17720 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91316
(818) 344-4126 2.7 K-8
- Encino Grades: NS-8 | 299 students
4548 Haskell Ave.
Encino, CA 91436
(818) 501-4155 4.5 NS-8
- Winnetka Grades: PK-8 | 305 students
19812 Cantlay Street
Winnetka, CA 91306
(818) 341-6616 2.1 PK-8
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?