St Joseph Center For Special Learning
- St. Joseph Center for Special Learning is a special education program for students ages 4 through 21.
- sponsored by the Office of Education, Diocese of Allentown, St. Joseph Center offers academic, social, religious and pre-vocational instruction to students with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout Schuylkill County and beyond regardless of race, creed and ethnic origin.
- St. Joseph Center also offers a state licensed adult habilitation program for those over 21 who, due to functional level, are unable to join the workforce.
- The basic curriculum includes an educational, developmental, and spiritual program.
- To enhance the basic program, the following services are also provided: speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, vocational /technical services, as well as a school nurse.
- Practical skills such as computer literacy, cooking, music, art, hand/eye coordinated tasks, and other necessary daily living skills are taught in order to meet the challenges in today's world.
- St. Joseph Center for Special Learning is a unique environment committed to guiding students to their full potential academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually, while equipping them with the skills necessary for independent adult life.
- This is accomplished in a safe, loving environment emphasizing individuality and family values.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MinersvilleGrades: PK-8 | 150 students
515 N Front St
Minersville, PA 17954
- MohrsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 192 students
1562 Main Street
Mohrsville, PA 19541
- Coal TownshipGrades: PK-12 | 481 students
2001 Clinton Ave
Coal Township, PA 17866
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.