The Benedictine School
- The Benedictine School is a co-ed day and residential school for individuals ages 5-21 with intellectual disabilities, autism and multiple disabilities.
- Selected in 2011 as a"School of Excellence" by the National Association of Special Education Teachers, we supplement our comprehensive and well-intergrated educational and residential program with special services, including:psychological, social work, counseling, behavior management, vocational/transitional, speech/language, assistive technology, occupational/physical therapy, 24 hour nursing, medication management, library/media, art, computer training/lab, adaptive physical education, aquatics, home economics, and leisure education and training.
- We address the needs of the "whole person" to maximize vocational and community living independence and to develop a contributing member of society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants, Benedictine School shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||varies per yr. and per services|
|Admissions Director||Hon Yin Eubanks|
|Admissions Associate||Gail Newell|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- see our website at www.benschool.org
- People that viewed The Benedictine School also viewed these schools: The Harbour School At Annapolis.
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.