The Benedictine School
- The Benedictine School is a co-ed day and residential school for individuals ages 5-21 with intellectual disabilities, autism and multiple disabilities.
- Selected in 2011 as a"School of Excellence" by the National Association of Special Education Teachers, we supplement our comprehensive and well-intergrated educational and residential program with special services, including:psychological, social work, counseling, behavior management, vocational/transitional, speech/language, assistive technology, occupational/physical therapy, 24 hour nursing, medication management, library/media, art, computer training/lab, adaptive physical education, aquatics, home economics, and leisure education and training.
- We address the needs of the "whole person" to maximize vocational and community living independence and to develop a contributing member of society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants, Benedictine School shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||varies per yr. and per services|
|Admissions Director||Hon Yin Eubanks|
|Admissions Associate||Gail Newell|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- see our website at www.benschool.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: K-6 | 40 students
11510 Falls Road
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 29-9 4603 70.4 K-6
- Annapolis Grades: 3-12 | 170 students
1277 Green Holly Drive
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410)974-4248 30.9 3-12
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.