The Benedictine School
- The Benedictine School is a co-ed day and residential school for individuals ages 5-21 with intellectual disabilities, autism and multiple disabilities.
- Selected in 2011 as a"School of Excellence" by the National Association of Special Education Teachers, we supplement our comprehensive and well-intergrated educational and residential program with special services, including:psychological, social work, counseling, behavior management, vocational/transitional, speech/language, assistive technology, occupational/physical therapy, 24 hour nursing, medication management, library/media, art, computer training/lab, adaptive physical education, aquatics, home economics, and leisure education and training.
- We address the needs of the "whole person" to maximize vocational and community living independence and to develop a contributing member of society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants, Benedictine School shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||varies per yr. and per services|
|Admissions Director||Hon Yin Eubanks|
|Admissions Associate||Gail Newell|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SwimmingBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- see our website at www.benschool.org
- People that viewed The Benedictine School also viewed these schools: The Harbour School At Annapolis.
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.