The Greenvale School
Tel: (516) 621-2420
- The Green Vale School mission: In a vibrant program of academics, arts, athletics, and character education, The Green Vale School inspires and challenges all students to be their best.
- A Green Vale education instills confidence and competence, while promoting respect and responsibility as cornerstones of a lifetime of learning and global citizenship.
- Sincere consideration for each child fosters a love of learning and teaches children to excel, to lead and to care.
The Greenvale School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress code varies by grade. Jacket and tie for boys in grades 4-9.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact school for tuition scale by grade.|
|Admissions Director||Alexis B. Morledge|
|Admissions Associate||Colleen Fortuna|
- The Green Vale School, founded in 1923, is located in Old Brookville, NY on a beautiful forty-acre campus that has seen two new centers built in the last few years - the Schwerin Early Childhood Center and the Blue-Gold Health And Wellness Center. Five science labs, smartboards in every classroom, seven playing fields, band and choral rooms, a crafts shop and two art studios are just a few key resources for an outstanding faculty, curious and engaged students and a supportive parent body. The environment and culture at Green Vale is ideal for young minds. Families interested in pursuing excellence and investing in a strong educational foundation are invited to tour the campus by appointment, or at one of the Open Houses (November through April.)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.