The Timothy School
Tel: (610) 725-0755
- The Timothy School was established in 1960 as a non-profit school for children with autism.
- We provide community service opportunities for students from local elementary and secondary schools who volunteer to work with our students.
- We also provide preservice opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students from six colleges and universities.
- School Provide specialized instruction that is individualized for students in order to develop their academic skills, functional academic skills, communication skills, self-help skills, gross/fine motor skills, daily living/vocational skills, and social/emotional skills, Emphasizes the application of communication, self-help, behavioral, and daily living skills across settings in order to help students participate and enjoy relationships with others within home, school, and community, Structures all instructional settings to increase students' confidence and motivation so that they will examine their environment and learn to adapt their behavior based on their previous experiences, Coordinates therapeutic services such as speech/language and occupational /physical therapy to provide for both individualized and classroom based instruction that is consistently implemented across all settings through an interdisciplinary approach by therapists, teachers, and parents, Provides parent training that reflects the needs of the family and that will help the children, their parents, and siblings participate positively and meaningfully in family and community activities.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: NS-12 | 104 students
1196 East Washington Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19138
(215) 866-0200 15 NS-12
- Berwyn Grades: Inquire with school | 92 students
2600 Wayland Rd
Berwyn, PA 19312
(610) 325-2939 3.1 Inquire with school
- Bryn Mawr Grades: 5-12 | 73 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 527-3230 5.6 5-12
- Glenmoore Grades: 1-12 | 97 students
160 Devereux Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
(484) 873-4955 16.4 1-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.