- The Timothy School was established in 1960 as a non-profit school for children with autism.
- We provide community service opportunities for students from local elementary and secondary schools who volunteer to work with our students.
- We also provide preservice opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students from six colleges and universities.
- School Provide specialized instruction that is individualized for students in order to develop their academic skills, functional academic skills, communication skills, self-help skills, gross/fine motor skills, daily living/vocational skills, and social/emotional skills, Emphasizes the application of communication, self-help, behavioral, and daily living skills across settings in order to help students participate and enjoy relationships with others within home, school, and community, Structures all instructional settings to increase students' confidence and motivation so that they will examine their environment and learn to adapt their behavior based on their previous experiences, Coordinates therapeutic services such as speech/language and occupational /physical therapy to provide for both individualized and classroom based instruction that is consistently implemented across all settings through an interdisciplinary approach by therapists, teachers, and parents, Provides parent training that reflects the needs of the family and that will help the children, their parents, and siblings participate positively and meaningfully in family and community activities.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
JeffersonvilleGrades: K-12 | 150 students
162 Egypt Road
Jeffersonville, PA 19403
StraffordGrades: K-12 | 255 students
445 Upper Gulph Road
Strafford, PA 19087
LanghorneGrades: UG | 274 students
40 Martin Gross Dr
Langhorne, PA 19047
GlenmooreGrades: 1-12 | 97 students
151 Devereux Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
Bryn MawrGrades: 5-12 | 72 students
737 S Ithan Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010