- The mission of Melmark is to serve children, adults and their families affected by a broad range of developmental disabilities.
- We provide evidence-based, educational, vocational, clinical, residential, healthcare and rehabilitative services, personally designed for each individual in an environment of warmth, care and respect.
- Our goal is to help each individual served have a meaningful life and attain the highest possible level of personal growth and achievement.
- We strive to develop the intellectual, emotional, social and physical aspects of each individual by providing a wide range of activities, opportunities and challenges.
- We partner with families to define and implement appropriate goals for each child or adult served.
- We are committed to a solvent, efficient, proficient and comprehensive service delivery system.
- Our yearly strategic planning articulates goals and expectations for each department of the organization.
- As an organization we are committed to an environment that recognizes excellence in staff performance and works to create a culture that captures discretionary effort by every level of employee through mutually positive employment practices.
- We actively raise funds to provide the safest, most aesthetic and well-equipped environment to enhance the everyday quality of life for those we serve.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Total Students||85 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Marcus HookGrades: 4-8 | 5 students
1345 Market St
Marcus Hook, PA 19061
- PhiladelphiaGrades: NS | 51 students
111 N 49th St
Philadelphia, PA 19139
- BerwynGrades: UG | 64 students
973 Old Lancaster Rd
Berwyn, PA 19312
- SpringfieldGrades: 9-12 | 1386 students
1701 S Sproul Rd
Springfield, PA 19064
- MalvernGrades: PK-12 | 270 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.