- The mission of Melmark is to serve children, adults and their families affected by a broad range of developmental disabilities.
- We provide evidence-based, educational, vocational, clinical, residential, healthcare and rehabilitative services, personally designed for each individual in an environment of warmth, care and respect.
- Our goal is to help each individual served have a meaningful life and attain the highest possible level of personal growth and achievement.
- We strive to develop the intellectual, emotional, social and physical aspects of each individual by providing a wide range of activities, opportunities and challenges.
- We partner with families to define and implement appropriate goals for each child or adult served.
- We are committed to a solvent, efficient, proficient and comprehensive service delivery system.
- Our yearly strategic planning articulates goals and expectations for each department of the organization.
- As an organization we are committed to an environment that recognizes excellence in staff performance and works to create a culture that captures discretionary effort by every level of employee through mutually positive employment practices.
- We actively raise funds to provide the safest, most aesthetic and well-equipped environment to enhance the everyday quality of life for those we serve.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Malvern Grades: PK-12 | 265 students
1777 N. Valley Road
Malvern, PA 19355
(610) 296-6700 5.7 PK-12
- Berwyn Grades: Inquire with school | 69 students
973 Old Lancaster Rd
Berwyn, PA 19312
(610) 725-0755 3.1 Inquire with school
- Marcus Hook Grades: 3-12 | 8 students
1345 Market St
Marcus Hook, PA 19061
(610) 485-4001 12.3 3-12
- Newtown Square Grades: Inquire with school | 19 students
395 Bishop Hollow Road
Newtown Square, PA 19073
(610) 356-5566 2.3 Inquire with school
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.