Upland Country Day School
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-9
- Students: 185 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Upland Country Day School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
Academics and Faculty
(dress pants/skirts, collared shirts)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Peer Mentoring, Robotics, Student Council, Vocal Ensemble, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Art Studio, Drama Productions
- Upland Country Day School`s mission is to develop independent and lifelong learners. We want our students to be courageous, to be conscious and engaged learners, to appreciate the uniqueness of self and others, to be good citizens, and to demonstrate outstanding communication skills.
- Our academic program, enhanced by The Harkness Method, our Kleberg IDEA Center, Singapore Math, state-of-the-art technology, the arts, and athletics, is designed to promote the intellectual, moral, and physical potential of each child.
- Since 1948, Upland has endeavored to create a nurturing environment with small classes and a dedicated faculty who care deeply about children. We want our our students to find joy in their learning, while maximizing their potential in the classroom, on the stage, in the studio or on the field of play.
- All members of our school community - from faculty and administration to parents and students - work together to support the exciting things that happen here every day. But it is to Upland's future that we look with an eager eye. We have adopted schoolwide innovations to promote student engagement, such as the Harkness Method of teaching, our new IDEA Center (Innovation, Discovery, Engineering and Art), flexible seating, cross-curricular collaboration, and Singapore math.
- Our small size allows us to embrace the latest research in teaching and learning to innovate our program and benefit our students.We are also attempting to combat the declining quality of interpersonal communication by ensuring that every graduate leaves here with outstanding communication skills that they can translate to the modern world.
- For nearly 70 years, Upland has been known throughout Chester County as a small school with big ideas about education. But we would like to ask: Have you heard about Upland lately
- Come and see what all the buzz is about!
Endorse Upland Country Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards