West Fallowfield Christian School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-11
- Students: 176 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
Band, Choir, Middle School Clubs, Ski and Snowboard Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Productions, music lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- West Fallowfield offers classes for students in Preschool (3 & 4 year olds) through the tenth grades. Little Falcons Preschool offers full day class on T/W/Th. This multi-age class meets from 9:00 to 2:45. The hands-on curriculum incorporates reading readiness, math skills, language arts, pre-handwriting, science, art, music, drama, physical education, devotions, Bible and library. Students learn through center time, discovery play, and hands-on activities, as well as fine and gross motor skill development.
- Kindergarten at WFCS is a full day program. It is currently offered as four or five days a week. The Kindergarten core curriculum includes reading readiness, mathematics, science, social studies, language arts, handwriting, writer's workshop, arts & crafts, book time/story time, open-ended play, chapel, devotions, and Bible. Specials include music, art, library, physical education and computer.
- Interscholastic opportunities for middle school students are available in the Fine Arts and athletics. Girls' athletics include volleyball, soccer, basketball and track & field. Boys' athletics include soccer, basketball, and track & field. In addition to the core subjects, middle school students choose from a variety of elective subjects and clubs to broaden their interests and learning. All students participate in music and art programs.
- The Academy at West Fallowfield Christian School is a unique high school experience offered for ninth, tenth and eleventh graders. Twelfth grade is scheduled to be added in the fall of 2019. The college-style model provides student accountability and time management skills. It combines learning on campus two days a week (electives on third day option). Teachers plan all lessons, provide instruction, and assign work to be completed at home on remaining days. Students will be graded and issued report cards and will compile portfolios of completed work. At the end of the year, achievement will be assessed by the evaluator of the parents' choice.
- West Fallowfield Christian School has a full comprehensive Resource Room to offer academic and learning support. The Chester County Intermediate Unit provides additional reading and speech therapy support. Small class size also gives students the opportunity to receive individualized attention.
- Since 1941, West Fallowfield Christian School has been providing quality, Christian education for families and students in the surrounding communities. The school is enriched by its diverse student body, which attends more than 38 churches in the Chester and Lancaster County areas. Bus transportation is supplied for K-8 students residing in the Avon Grove, Coatesville, Octorara, Oxford, Pequea, Solanco, and Unionville-Chadds Ford Districts.
- WFCS admits students of any race, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the programs, rights, privileges, and activities generally afforded to students. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, or gender in the administration of educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, athletics, or other school-administered programs.
- Financial grants are available for eligible families in the Kindergarten through eighth grades.
- The school is located at 795 Fallowfield Road in Atglen, Pennsylvania. Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the school at 610-593-5011 for more information or to schedule an appointment. Readers may visit the school's website at www.wfcs.org, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Endorse West Fallowfield Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards