West Fallowfield Christian School
- West Fallowfield Christian School partners with Christian parents and churches to provide a strong academic and spiritual foundation for students in Pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- The Academy at WFCS is a college-style model high school for grade 9. A grade will be added each year beginning with 10th grade in fall 2017.
- Our school exists to nurture our children in faith-infused opportunities that are grounded in scripture and filled with prayer and praise.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Room|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kim Hoffman|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Archery Club, Band, Choir, Drama Productions, Middle School Clubs, music lessons, Ski and Snowboard Club Archery Club, Band, Choir, music lessons, Drama Productions,|
Middle School Clubs,
Ski and Snowboard Club,
- West Fallowfield offers classes for students in Preschool (3 & 4 year olds) through the tenth grades. Little Falcons Preschool offers two, three and five day programs for three and four year olds. The classes meet from 9:00 to 11:45 am. The hands-on curriculum incorporates reading readiness, math skills, language arts, pre-handwriting, science, art, music, drama, physical education, devotions, Bible and library. Students learn through center time, discovery play, and hands-on activities, as well as fine and gross motor skill development.
- Kindergarten at WFCS is a full day program. It is currently offered as four or five days a week. The Kindergarten core curriculum includes reading readiness, mathematics, science, social studies, language arts, handwriting, writer's workshop, arts & crafts, book time/story time, open-ended play, chapel, devotions, and Bible. Specials include music, art, library, physical education and computer.
- Interscholastic opportunities for middle school students are available in the Fine Arts and athletics. Girls' athletics include volleyball, soccer, basketball and track & field. Boys' athletics include soccer, basketball, and track & field. In addition to the core subjects, middle school students choose from a variety of elective subjects and clubs to broaden their interests and learning. All students participate in music and art programs.
- The Academy at West Fallowfield Christian School is a unique high school experience offered for ninth and tenth graders in the fall of 2017. The college-style model provides student accountability and time management skills. It combines learning on campus two days a week with three days of independent study. Teachers plan all lessons, provide instruction, and assign work to be completed at home on remaining days. Students will be graded and issued report cards and will compile portfolios of completed work. At the end of the year, achievement will be assessed by the evaluator of the parents' choice.
- West Fallowfield Christian School has a full comprehensive Resource Room to offer academic and learning support. The Chester County Intermediate Unit provides additional reading and speech therapy support. Small class size also gives students the opportunity to receive individualized attention.
- Since 1941, West Fallowfield Christian School has been providing quality, Christian education for families and students in the surrounding communities. The school is enriched by its diverse student body, which attends more than 38 churches in the Chester and Lancaster County areas. Bus transportation is supplied for K-8 students residing in the Avon Grove, Coatesville, Octorara, Oxford, Pequea, Solanco, and Unionville-Chadds Ford Districts.
- WFCS admits students of any race, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the programs, rights, privileges, and activities generally afforded to students. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, or gender in the administration of educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, athletics, or other school-administered programs.
- Financial grants are available for eligible families in the Kindergarten through eighth grades.
- The school is located at 795 Fallowfield Road in Atglen, Pennsylvania. Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the school at 610-593-5011 for more information or to schedule an appointment. Readers may visit the school's website at www.wfcs.org, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- People that viewed West Fallowfield Christian School also viewed these schools: Pope John Paul Ii Regional Catholic Elementary School, Conestoga Christian School, Valley Christian School and Wilmington Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CoatesvilleGrades: K-9 | 602 students
2875 Manor Rd
Coatesville, PA 19320
- MorgantownGrades: PK-12 | 287 students
2760 Main St
Morgantown, PA 19543
- CoatesvilleGrades: PK-12 | 85 students
200 Airport Rd
Coatesville, PA 19320
- HockessinGrades: PK-12 | 551 students
825 Loveville Rd
Hockessin, DE 19707
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.