West Fallowfield Christian School
- West Fallowfield Christian School partners with Christian parents and churches to provide a strong academic and spiritual foundation for students in Pre-kindergarten through eighth grade.
- The Academy at WFCS is a college-style model high school for grade 9. A grade will be added each year beginning with 10th grade in fall 2017.
- Our school exists to nurture our children in faith-infused opportunities that are grounded in scripture and filled with prayer and praise.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Room|
|Total Students||176 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kim Hoffman|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Band, Choir, Middle School Clubs, Ski and Snowboard Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Productions, music lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- West Fallowfield offers classes for students in Preschool (3 & 4 year olds) through the tenth grades. Little Falcons Preschool offers full day class on T/W/Th. This multi-age class meets from 9:00 to 2:45. The hands-on curriculum incorporates reading readiness, math skills, language arts, pre-handwriting, science, art, music, drama, physical education, devotions, Bible and library. Students learn through center time, discovery play, and hands-on activities, as well as fine and gross motor skill development.
- Kindergarten at WFCS is a full day program. It is currently offered as four or five days a week. The Kindergarten core curriculum includes reading readiness, mathematics, science, social studies, language arts, handwriting, writer's workshop, arts & crafts, book time/story time, open-ended play, chapel, devotions, and Bible. Specials include music, art, library, physical education and computer.
- Interscholastic opportunities for middle school students are available in the Fine Arts and athletics. Girls' athletics include volleyball, soccer, basketball and track & field. Boys' athletics include soccer, basketball, and track & field. In addition to the core subjects, middle school students choose from a variety of elective subjects and clubs to broaden their interests and learning. All students participate in music and art programs.
- The Academy at West Fallowfield Christian School is a unique high school experience offered for ninth, tenth and eleventh graders. Twelfth grade is scheduled to be added in the fall of 2019. The college-style model provides student accountability and time management skills. It combines learning on campus two days a week (electives on third day option). Teachers plan all lessons, provide instruction, and assign work to be completed at home on remaining days. Students will be graded and issued report cards and will compile portfolios of completed work. At the end of the year, achievement will be assessed by the evaluator of the parents' choice.
- West Fallowfield Christian School has a full comprehensive Resource Room to offer academic and learning support. The Chester County Intermediate Unit provides additional reading and speech therapy support. Small class size also gives students the opportunity to receive individualized attention.
- Since 1941, West Fallowfield Christian School has been providing quality, Christian education for families and students in the surrounding communities. The school is enriched by its diverse student body, which attends more than 38 churches in the Chester and Lancaster County areas. Bus transportation is supplied for K-8 students residing in the Avon Grove, Coatesville, Octorara, Oxford, Pequea, Solanco, and Unionville-Chadds Ford Districts.
- WFCS admits students of any race, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the programs, rights, privileges, and activities generally afforded to students. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, or gender in the administration of educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs, athletics, or other school-administered programs.
- Financial grants are available for eligible families in the Kindergarten through eighth grades.
- The school is located at 795 Fallowfield Road in Atglen, Pennsylvania. Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the school at 610-593-5011 for more information or to schedule an appointment. Readers may visit the school's website at www.wfcs.org, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed West Fallowfield Christian School also viewed these schools: Valley Christian School, Conestoga Christian School, Pope John Paul II Regional Catholic Elementary School, Wilmington Christian School and Baldwin Prep School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coatesville Grades: PK-12 | 60 students
200 Airport Rd
Coatesville, PA 19320
(610)380-1650 4.7 PK-12
- West Brandywine Grades: NS-8 | 585 students
2875 Manor Rd
West Brandywine, PA 19320
(610)384-5961 9.3 NS-8
- Hockessin Grades: PK-12 | 345 students
825 Loveville Rd
Hockessin, DE 19707
(302)239-2121 19.2 PK-12
- North Palm Beach Grades: K-12 | 121 students
200 Castlewood Drive
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
(561)844-7700 938.3 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.