Winston Preparatory School
- Winston Preparatory School is an innovative day school for students in the 2nd through 12th grade with learning differences such as dyslexia, nonverbal learning disabilities, and executive functioning difficulties.
- We do this through a process that understands each student, individualizes a program to meet their needs and that builds a powerful sense of community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia, nonverbal learning disabilities, executive functioning difficulties. O|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Meredith Fisher|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Flag Football, Softball, Swimming, WeightliftingArchery, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Fencing, Flag Football,
- At Winston Preparatory School, we view each student as a unique individual learner who has potential and is Able to Learn. It is also important that our work is grounded in research regarding how people learn and the learning differences that cause students to struggle. We begin our understanding by looking through a neuropsychological lens based on decades of research on learning and cognition. This is just the first step. It is important that we understand both who our students are as learners, as well as who they are as people. WPS students have some notable gifts, and our individual approach allows us to explore and develop these gifts. Everything we do is based on this in-depth understanding of each individual student. Winston Preparatory School is an innovative day school for students in the 2nd through 12th grade with learning differences such as dyslexia, nonverbal learning disabilities, and executive functioning difficulties. We do this through a process that understands each student, individualizes a program to meet their needs and that builds a powerful sense of community. We call this process the Continuous Feedback System. This system is designed to deeply understand each student's specific learning profile including their strengths and potential. Come to an open house and learn more about our educational philosophy and tour our school.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Whippany Grades: PK-K | 99 students
718 State Route 10
Whippany, NJ 07981
(973)515-5300 0.5 PK-K
- Cedar Knolls Grades: NS-6
15 Halko Drive
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
(973)829-8484 0.9 NS-6
- Whippany Grades: NS-PK
45 Whippany Rd
Whippany, NJ 07981
(973)428-3724 0.9 NS-PK
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.