Winston Preparatory School
Winston Preparatory School is an innovative day school for students in the 2nd through 12th grade with learning differences such as dyslexia, nonverbal learning disabilities, and executive functioning difficulties.
We do this through a process that understands each student, individualizes a program to meet their needs and that builds a powerful sense of community.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-12
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
dyslexia, nonverbal learning disabilities, executive functioning difficulties. O
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
- At Winston Preparatory School, we view each student as a unique individual learner who has potential and is Able to Learn. It is also important that our work is grounded in research regarding how people learn and the learning differences that cause students to struggle. We begin our understanding by looking through a neuropsychological lens based on decades of research on learning and cognition. This is just the first step. It is important that we understand both who our students are as learners, as well as who they are as people. WPS students have some notable gifts, and our individual approach allows us to explore and develop these gifts. Everything we do is based on this in-depth understanding of each individual student. Winston Preparatory School is an innovative day school for students in the 2nd through 12th grade with learning differences such as dyslexia, nonverbal learning disabilities, and executive functioning difficulties. We do this through a process that understands each student, individualizes a program to meet their needs and that builds a powerful sense of community. We call this process the Continuous Feedback System. This system is designed to deeply understand each student's specific learning profile including their strengths and potential. Come to an open house and learn more about our educational philosophy and tour our school.
Endorse Winston Preparatory School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.