Winter Haven Christian School
- Top Ranked FL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 374 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Uniform Shirt and Khaki or Blue Bottoms
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Winter Haven Christian School is accredited by the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS) and the National Council for Private School Accredidation. Preschool 3&4 year old offers a half day program five days a week. Extended care is available to our four year olds for an additional fee. Students in our preschool are taught the necessary skills to be successful in our Kindergarten program. In addition, they have opportunity to play and participate in crafts and activities that build everlasting memories from childhood.ELEMENTARY GRADES K5 5WHCS Students in grades K5 through 5th grade have class in a traditional classroom setting. In addition to their core subjects, each student also participates in art, computer, music, physical education and Spanish classes. Field trips and age appropriate activities also supplement the curriculum.MIDDLE SCHOOL GRADES 6-8Students in our middle school experience a variety of classes and teachers featuring a seven period day. Each middle school student is assigned to a homeroom and locker for the year. In addition middle school students have separate chapels, field trips, activities and leadership opportunities designed to meet the need for their age groupHIGH SCHOOL Grades 9-12WHCS High School Program is geared for a College Prep Diploma. Students complete their core subjects as required by FACCS (Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools) and the State of Florida. These core subjects include (but are not limited to) Bible, English, Foreign Language, Math, Science and Social Studies. In addition every High School student at WHCS is entered into an Academy or Major that gives them specialized training and instruction in one of five of the following areas:Agricultural ScienceComputer ScienceCreative ArtsCriminal JusticeMinistry/TeachingAs a result of a partnership with Warner University and Polk State College, WHCS students who are in 11th and 12th grade have the opportunity to dual enroll. Students must apply for dual enrollment and are subject to WHCS, Warner University and Polk State policies and minimum requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Winter Haven Christian School offer?
Winter Haven Christian School offers 7 interscholastic sports: Archery, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer and Volleyball.
What is Winter Haven Christian School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Winter Haven Christian School?
The application deadline for Winter Haven Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Winter Haven Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards