Winter Haven Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (863) 294-4135
Winter Haven Christian School was founded in 1965 as First Baptist Christian School.
In June 1986, the name was changed to reflect the new interdenominational philosophy of the school.
The school is governed by a Board of Directors made up of Christian leaders in the greater Winter Haven area.
An Advisory Board consisting of parents and non-parents also assists with the school`s development and long-range planning.
All serve without compensation.In 1992, WHCS purchased fifteen acres on Buckeye Loop Road using funds that had been donated by parents and friends of the school, and began a fundraising campaign for the purpose of developing the site into a Christian educational campus.
Ground was broken in 1999, and through the efforts of many parents and volunteers especially Campers on Mission the new building was completed just in time to start the 2002-2003 school year in the new facility.
An addition of seven classrooms and additional boys and girls restrooms was completed in the Summer of 2013. Development of the campus will be an on-going project.
The master plan provides for a future gymnasium, seperate high school building and expansion of the outdoor athletic facilities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||374 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform Shirt and Khaki or Blue Bottoms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
- Winter Haven Christian School is accredited by the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS) and the National Council for Private School Accredidation. Preschool 3&4 year old offers a half day program five days a week. Extended care is available to our four year olds for an additional fee. Students in our preschool are taught the necessary skills to be successful in our Kindergarten program. In addition, they have opportunity to play and participate in crafts and activities that build everlasting memories from childhood.ELEMENTARY GRADES K5 5WHCS Students in grades K5 through 5th grade have class in a traditional classroom setting. In addition to their core subjects, each student also participates in art, computer, music, physical education and Spanish classes. Field trips and age appropriate activities also supplement the curriculum.MIDDLE SCHOOL GRADES 6-8Students in our middle school experience a variety of classes and teachers featuring a seven period day. Each middle school student is assigned to a homeroom and locker for the year. In addition middle school students have separate chapels, field trips, activities and leadership opportunities designed to meet the need for their age groupHIGH SCHOOL Grades 9-12WHCS High School Program is geared for a College Prep Diploma. Students complete their core subjects as required by FACCS (Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools) and the State of Florida. These core subjects include (but are not limited to) Bible, English, Foreign Language, Math, Science and Social Studies. In addition every High School student at WHCS is entered into an Academy or Major that gives them specialized training and instruction in one of five of the following areas:Agricultural ScienceComputer ScienceCreative ArtsCriminal JusticeMinistry/TeachingAs a result of a partnership with Warner University and Polk State College, WHCS students who are in 11th and 12th grade have the opportunity to dual enroll. Students must apply for dual enrollment and are subject to WHCS, Warner University and Polk State policies and minimum requirements
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winter Haven Grades: PK-8 | 332 students
320 Bates Ave Se
Winter Haven, FL 33880
(863) 293-9744 2.3 PK-8
- Winter Haven Grades: PK-8 | 434 students
535 Avenue M Northwest
Winter Haven, FL 33881
(863) 293-3311 2.3 PK-8
- Davenport Grades: NS-12 | 245 students
41219 Highway 27
Davenport, FL 33837
(863) 420-2885 11.3 NS-12
This school is a gift from God as it provides phenominal christian education, values and a feeling that you are part of one big happy family! We are truly blessed to have the opportunity to attend this school and to get to know all of the wonderful teachers, staff and families here!
- Posted by Parent - w1833
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.