Wisconsin Lutheran High School
- Founded in 1903, Wisconsin Lutheran High School (WLHS) is a family of students, teachers and staff working and learning together in a safe, caring and Christian environment.
- WLHS seeks to help students develop biblical values and personal skills necessary for a lifetime of service to Jesus in students` homes, churches, careers and communities.
- More than 90 percent of WLHS graduates enroll in post-secondary institutions.
- WLHS has been accredited through the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod Accreditation (WELSSA), Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Association (WRISA) and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), and is a PAVE-identified school. For more information about WLHS, visit www.wlhs.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||African Methodist Episcopal|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||773 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Literature & Composition, History, Psychology|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Open enrollment for the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (Feb. 1-20) Open enrollment for the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (Feb. 1 - April 20) Tuition assistance/Scholarship application period (Feb. 1-28)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Brad Wetzel|
|Admissions Associate||Mark Ricke|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agents of Change, Chess Club, Compass (Yearbook), Drama Club, Forensics, Math Track Team, National Honor Society (NHS), Office Runners, Page Turners Book Club, Pilot (Newspaper), Plautz Fund/Drost Fund, Robotics Club (Technology Design Team), Student Council, Tech Team/Sound & Lighting, Tutors
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Ensembles, Inspiration, Jubilation, Musical Production, Play Production, WISCO Kids
- 9th Grade Applicants - submit a copy of the students 7th grade report card, most recent 8th grade report card, and standardized test scores from 7th/8th grade. 10th/11th Grade Applicants - submit your student`s most recent high school transcript, attendance and disciplinary reports from the current school. If the student has had no disciplinary issues, a letter from an administrator stating this is needed. 12th Grade Applicant - WLHS does not accept 12th grade transfers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 698 students
4257 N 100th St
Milwaukee, WI 53222
(414)462-3742 4.3 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 330 students
120 E Silver Spring Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53217
(414)332-1170 7.9 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 240 students
1445 S 32nd Street
Milwaukee, WI 53215
(414)672-1168 5.6 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 725 students
742 W Capitol Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53206
(414)264-5440 6.2 9-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.