Wisconsin Lutheran High School
- Founded in 1903, Wisconsin Lutheran High School (WLHS) is a family of students, teachers and staff working and learning together in a safe, caring and Christian environment.
- WLHS seeks to help students develop biblical values and personal skills necessary for a lifetime of service to Jesus in students` homes, churches, careers and communities.
- More than 90 percent of WLHS graduates enroll in post-secondary institutions.
- WLHS has been accredited through the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod Accreditation (WELSSA), Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Association (WRISA) and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), and is a PAVE-identified school. For more information about WLHS, visit www.wlhs.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod School Accreditation (WELSSA)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||779 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Literature & Composition, History, Psychology|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Open enrollment for the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (Feb. 1-20) Open enrollment for the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (Feb. 1 - April 20) Tuition assistance/Scholarship application period (Feb. 1-28)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Brad Wetzel|
|Admissions Associate||Mark Ricke|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agents of Change, Chess Club, Compass (Yearbook), Drama Club, Forensics, Math Track Team, National Honor Society (NHS), Office Runners, Page Turners Book Club, Pilot (Newspaper), Plautz Fund/Drost Fund, Robotics Club (Technology Design Team), Student Council, Tech Team/Sound & Lighting, Tutors
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Ensembles, Inspiration, Jubilation, Musical Production, Play Production, WISCO Kids
- 9th Grade Applicants - submit a copy of the students 7th grade report card, most recent 8th grade report card, and standardized test scores from 7th/8th grade. 10th/11th Grade Applicants - submit your student`s most recent high school transcript, attendance and disciplinary reports from the current school. If the student has had no disciplinary issues, a letter from an administrator stating this is needed. 12th Grade Applicant - WLHS does not accept 12th grade transfers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 686 students
4257 N 100th St
Milwaukee, WI 53222
(414)462-3742 4.3 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 330 students
120 E Silver Spring Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53217
(414)332-1170 7.9 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 240 students
1445 S 32nd Street
Milwaukee, WI 53215
(414)672-1168 5.6 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 700 students
742 W Capitol Drive
Milwaukee, WI 53206
(414)264-5440 6.2 9-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.