Woodlawn Community Academy
- Our mission is to provide a high quality individualized education to all students within a positive, safe environment.
- Our goal is to motivate our students to become active participants in the learning process.
- We will use the best curriculum and the best teaching practices available in order to help each of them to reach his/her full potential.
- We desire to be a supportive influence to each of the families represented and to model and teach a Christ-like attitude in every area of life.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Dyslexia, TS, DD, Language-Based or Mild Learning Differences, Down Syndrome, Sensory Integration, Intellectually Disabled, Hearing Impaired, most other issues can be addressed on a case by case basis.|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Students are exposed to working in a kitchen, and each week there are field trips to neighboring restaurants and places of cooking/baking industries.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Many students are eligible for scholarships.|
|Admissions Director||Charlotte Tollefson|
|Admissions Associate||Colleen Rommel|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Dance, Football, Golf, GymnasticsBasketball, Bowling,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Lego, Yearbook, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts (Jewelry Making/Sewing), Chorus, Drawing, Drum & Music Lessons, Performing Arts, Rock/Paper/Scissors Arts, Sign Language
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Bowling, Flag Football, Golfing, Gymnastics, Kickball
- Our mission is to provide a high quality individualized education to all students within a positive, safe environment. Our goal is to motivate our students to become active participants in the learning process. We will use the best curriculum and the best teaching practices available in order to help each of them to reach his/her full potential. We desire to be a supportive influence to each of the families represented and to model and teach a Christ-like attitude in every area of life.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
My child began attending WCA in his 5th grade. He recently graduated from high school and works part time and attends SPC. We loved the small group settings for important subjects like reading, writing, math, and spelling. The student folders were helpful as we were able to see how our child was doing each and every day. Our child was diagnosed with mild autism, OCD, and is hearing impaired. We are proud of the school and of our child who overcame many of his issues as the stress and pressure was diminished once we began at WCA. We were extremely happy to volunteer at the school and chaperone any field trip. We tried the public school and Montessori learning environments and it was just too unstructured, overcrowded, and too busy with our child that needed more guidance and support.
- Posted by Parent - There is hope!