Zion Lutheran School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Zion Lutheran School is a place where academic excellence is coupled with vibrant faith and where students are molded for a lifetime of integrity and distinction.
- Students will develop positive peer relationships and will engage in active learning and fellowship with other students and teachers in a Christ-centered and safe environment.
- Zion Lutheran School offers grades PreK-8 and features small class sizes, many extracurricular activities and programs, and excellent academics.
- Students at Zion Lutheran School will be prepared through a Christ-centered program to demonstrate growth in the spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical realms.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki/Blue pants/shorts and Polo Shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,390|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is $5638 for Church Members of Zion Lutheran Church $5,894 for non-members|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Brownies, Dance, Multiple Sports Teams, Youth Group|
Zion Lutheran School offers grades K-8, Students at Zion Lutheran School will be prepared through a Christ-centered program to demonstrate growth in the spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical realms.
- Accredited Christ-Centered education since 1939
- Pay-As-You-Use before & after school age careavailable from 6:30am to 6:00pm
- Preschool starting at age 2 with potty-trainingassistance
- Affordable private school tuition with small class sizes
- Music, Athletics, Arts, Leadership
- People that viewed Zion Lutheran School also viewed these schools: Orange County Christian School, Calvary Chapel Anaheim School, Fairmont Private Schools - Historic Anaheim Campus, Hephatha Lutheran Church and School and Independence Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anaheim Grades: PK-8 | 118 students
270 E. Palais Rd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
(714)563-9608 1.9 PK-8
- Anaheim Grades: NS-8 | 482 students
1557 W. Mable Street
Anaheim, CA 92805
(714)874-8233 2.1 NS-8
- Anaheim Grades: PK-8 | 287 students
5900 E. Santa Ana Canyon Road
Anaheim, CA 92807
(714)637-0887 6.9 PK-8
- Anaheim Grades: PK-8 | 172 students
4905 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92807
(714)970-7009 8.6 PK-8
Zion Lutheran School is AMAZING! We have been a Zion family for 7 years, and I could not have made a better choice for my 3 sons. Zion is a positive, student-centered learning environment where all students are inspired to do their best. Zion staff maintains high expectations for all students and provides a rigorous, standards driven academic program. Staff determines the individual needs of their students and supports them in addressing those needs to be successful individuals. Students are engaged in more than just core academic curriculum creating a fun and fulfilling well-rounded education.
- Posted by Parent - My3sons
Looking for a great school? Then look no further than Zion Lutheran school! Amazing caring teachers, challenging curriculum, small class size, wonderful community of families, faith based affordable tuition. Pay as you go extended care and no drop off lines! They even potty train. We joined the Zion family for early childcare and have now moved up to elementary school and are so blessed by our decision. Join us and be a part of this great community at Zion!
- Posted by Parent - LCapo
We could not have had a better school or teachers for our son who attended Zion the past two years (K and 1st). We moved out of the area and still considered keeping him at Zion because of the excellent staff but decided the drive in the morning would be too much. From the principal, Mrs. Kangas to the front office to the teachers (Mrs. Tordil and Mrs. Justice) they were the best. The small class sizes, challenging curriculum, parental involvement and great field trips were only some of the reasons Zion is a 5 Star school in my opinion. Even after moving our son's teachers still check in from time to time. If you are looking for a Christian-based top notch education for your child Zion is the place for you.
- Posted by Parent - John
I am a former student from Zion back in the 60's. I had excellent teachers that taught me more about life and academics than the public school system ever could have done. When I got into the public school system I was far ahead of the other students in high school. Strong morals and fundamentals were given to me that I still live by today. I wish everyone had my opportunity. I think the U.S. would be a better place today if all our children could be embraced with these fundamentals. I am thankful for what I was given and all my teachers that tolerated my class. Sincerely, Bill Richardson
- Posted by Student/Alumni - BRFLG
Here is an overview of the private school admissions process, as well as the steps needed to find the right private school for your child.
What do teachers earn? Teachers' salaries vary from state to state, indeed, from school to school.
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.