Bishop George Ahr High School
5.00 (1 review)
Bishop George Ahr High School Photo #2 - Students enjoy in-school masses held throughout the school year.
Bishop George Ahr High School Photo #3 - BGA infuses technology in meaningful ways in all subject areas.
Bishop George Ahr High School Photo #4 - Our Peer Leadership builds leadership skills in our seniors and helps freshmen make a seamless transition from many different middle schools.
Bishop George Ahr High School Photo #5 - BGA offers a wide range of high caliber athletic programs for both boys and girls.
Bishop George Ahr High School Photo #6 - BGA offers a wide range of high caliber athletic programs for both boys and girls.
Bishop George Ahr High School Photo #7 - BGA offers award-winner choral and band programs that are open to all students.
Bishop George Ahr High School Photo #8 - The BGA Drama Department stages three shows each year, with world-class singing, dancing, sets, costumes, sound, and lighting.
Bishop George Ahr High School Photo #9 - BGA science offerings offer hands-on courses that build knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Bishop George Ahr High School (BGA) is a four-year college preparatory and coeducational high school located in Edison, NJ. With diverse curricular, extra-curricular, and athletic offerings, BGA promotes its students' spiritual, academic, social, creative, and athletic excellence.
- In its nearly 50-year history, BGA's students, teachers, stage shows, bands, and teams have earned numerous accolades and awards.
- BGA opened in 1969 as St. Thomas Aquinas High School on 36 acres of land and was renamed Bishop George Ahr High School in 1984.
- Operated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Metuchen, BGA serves students from Middlesex, Union, Monmouth, and Somerset counties.
- BGA is fully accredited by AdvancED, the world's largest accreditation organization.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||741 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics, US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,900|
|Tuition Notes||Academic scholarships and financial aid available.|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Laura Veni|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Adobe Generation Club, African American Heritage Club, Anime Club, Art Club, Book Club, Christian Social Action Club, Gaming Club, Green Club, Hope for Animals, In Harm's Way, International Club, Medical Explorers Club, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography Club, Pro Life Club, Science Club, Student Council, Swing Dance Club, Video Production Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Concert Band, Concert Choir, Jazz Band, Musical Theater, Select Choir, Wind Ensemble
- Bishop George Ahr High School is a co-educational college preparatory school of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Metuchen, New Jersey. The School provides an atmosphere in which each individual's God-given abilities are nurtured and developed. Every student is encouraged to strive for spiritual, academic, social, creative, and athletic excellence through the interaction of a caring community. With Christ as our model, the Bishop Ahr community fosters a uniquely Christian environment. Each individual can grow in self-esteem, in social and moral responsibility, and in those values needed to face the challenges of tomorrow's world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scotch Plains Grades: 9-12 | 802 students
1600 Martine Avenue
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
(908)889-1600 3.5 9-12
- Elizabeth Grades: 9-12 | 221 students
237 S Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
(908)352-4350 10.1 9-12
- Roselle Grades: 9-12 | 354 students
350 Raritan Rd
Roselle, NJ 07203
(908)245-2350 7.5 9-12
- Elizabethport Grades: 5-12 | 158 students
227 Court St
Elizabethport, NJ 07206
(908)353-5220 11.1 5-12
A great school with dedicated teachers, rigorous classes, and a fun environment.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - hazzg
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.