Christ Fellowship Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Christ Fellowship Academy Photo #3 - Praise Island is where our K2-K4 preschool chapel is held each week.
Christ Fellowship Academy Photo #4 - All of our K5-5th Grade classrooms are creatively decorated and contain a SMART board and plasma screen.
Christ Fellowship Academy Photo #5 - All of our K5-5th Grade classrooms are creatively decorated and contain a SMART board and plasma screen.
Christ Fellowship Academy Photo #6 - All of our K5-5th Grade classrooms are creatively decorated and contain a SMART board and plasma screen.
Christ Fellowship Academy Photo #7 - All of our K5-5th Grade classrooms are creatively decorated and contain a SMART board and plasma screen.
Christ Fellowship Academy Photo #8 - All K2-5th Grade students receive gardening and science lab each week.
Christ Fellowship Academy Photo #9 - Our 4th-5th grade students learn through the use of digital curriculum and 1-to-1 laptops. Our K2-3rd grade students use BJU Press curriculum, which incorporates core content with great hands-on learning experiences! All of our students receive Biblical integration throughout the curriculum, including daily Bible lessons.
Christ Fellowship Academy Photo #10 - Our 4th-5th grade students learn through the use of digital curriculum and 1-to-1 laptops. Our K2-3rd grade students use BJU Press curriculum, which incorporates core content with great hands-on learning experiences! All of our students receive Biblical integration throughout the curriculum, including daily Bible lessons.
- Our faculty and staff have been providing Christian education for K2 through 5th grade for over 40 years. Educating the whole child academically, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
- Engaging curriculum with a hands-on approach while developing critical thinking skills.
- Offering art, computers, library, music, physical education, science lab, and Spanish from a Christ-centered perspective.
- Accelerated Reader & IXL math Programs. In our Pelican Program - Adventuring into Marine Biology - students will participate in weekly on-campus lessons and hands-on experiences such as kayak adventures, snorkeling excursions, animal encounters, coastal nature hike explorations, and much more.
- They also take part of mission opportunities such as coastal cleanups and caring for animals in rehabilitation centers in the area.Christian Leadership, Academic Excellence, and Mission Minded are the three pillars that make up our school.
- At Christ Fellowship Academy we understand that preschool and elementary years are where children develop a sense of self and their view of the world around them. Having them understand that they were created for a purpose by a Creator that immeasurable loves them and giving them a robust academic foundation that will make them confident leaders is priceless.
- You can visit our website at www.cfacademy.org or call us at 305.238.1833.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Yessenia Batista|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drama Club, Home Economics, Little Chefs, Nature Postings
Arts and Music Programs:
CFA Singers, CFA Worship Team, Club Create, Simone Says Dance
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Panther Sports Basketball, Soccer Shots, Tennis Advantage of Miami
- Loving and dedicated faculty
- Creative classroom design Smart boards and plasma screens in every elementary classroom
- Wide variety of specialty classes, including marine biology, science lab, physical education, Spanish, computers, library, music, and art School for Technology partnership with Boston University
- School Motto: "Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow"
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: PK-8 | 365 students
18455 Franjo Rd
Miami, FL 33157
(305)235-5442 1.2 PK-8
- Homestead Grades: NS-12 | 254 students
13390 Sw 248 Street
Homestead, FL 33032
(305)258-3107 13.3 NS-12
My daughter spent 7 wonderful years at this school and I have to say that we had the best experience ever! Christ Fellowship is a Christian school with excellent and caring teachers. My daughter was nurtured by each and every teacher, Principals and Vice Principal. She was taught discipline, kindness and love. Her schoolwork was tough but fair - if she showed any struggle our teachers would notify us right away! School events were so well organized and fun - Parents were also the best, often times volunteering their own time to fundraising and helping out any way the could.Both my husband and I worked over 30 miles away from Christ Fellowship and for years we refused to move closer to our jobs as we knew that this kind of experience rarely happens.Our only complaint? ......That the school did not go to 12th grade! As we would have never left!Don`t think twice about enrolling- do it!
- Posted by Parent - Lisa McPherson
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.