Circle Academy is an independent, prestigious charter school,specializing in education and early childhood development. Theschool's success is credited to our staff's efforts which aremotivated by the belief that "every child's individuality must berespected and nourished".
We believe that from the moment the child enters the classroom,each step in his education is seen as a progressive building bloc;ultimately forming the whole person, in the emergence fromchildhood to adult.
All of our focus is on the needs of the child.
We take pride in seeing and meeting the student's personalityand intellectual needs, rather than viewing them as part of theclassroom process.
Circle Academy is a longstanding member of American MontessoriSociety
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool
- Enrollment: 181 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Enrichment Program
After School Enrichment Program
- The mission of Circle Academy is to provide a warm, caring, andstimulating early childhood environment that is safe and nurturing.It is a time of fun, warmth, security, exploration and discovering.The school fosters self-esteem and builds confidence based onself-respect and respect for all others. We follow the "GoldenRule." We have created a loving, trustful, and respectfulenvironment which enables children to love, trust and respect theirparents, teachers, each other, and especially themselves. Webelieve in the value of human diversity and the fair treatment ofall people and the earth. Students and their families feelcomfortable and welcomed at all times. We view the parents aspartners in the education of their children and integrate them intoour curriculum, as well as integrating into our community andbecoming part of it. Our staff is professional and knowledgeableabout childhood development and early childhood education. We workcollaboratively with our staff, parents, and the entire communityto guide our students in their learning process. We have highexpectations that are guided by the developmental needs of eachchild, with an understanding that many of our children have needsbeyond that of learning essential skills; their needs are personal,pervasive and affect them on every level of humanity. We followstandard pre-school curriculum guidelines and the New York StateCommon Core project. We focus on the whole child withdevelopmentally appropriate quality education developed to meet theneeds of each child. North Side School maintains a progressivecurriculum promoting learning the tools necessary to succeed inschool and in life. We encourage and develop them physically,socially, emotionally and intellectually while being part of awhole community. The goal is for students to enter Kindergartenwith the necessary skills to succeed and promote lifelonglearning.
Source: Verified school update
My three year old daughter started at North Side in January. The teachers at the school helped her make a very nice transition. They meet the needs of students with their hands on activities, centers, art and music classes, and computer use. My daughter's teacher is Miss Vicky. She is a very caring and nurturing teacher. I loved the communication notebook because I was able to read about how my daughter's day went good or bad. The family projects and show and tell helped build my daughter's confidence and influenced her to want to go to school each day. North Side school appears to have a good security system which makes me feel at ease when I send my daughter to school each day. The principal, Ms. Irene is always standing at the door to greet and welcome children. I would highly recommend this school to any parent.
My twin daughters graduated from North Side School in 2011, after having attended the school since Pre-K. They have had great academic success and they have excelled in every course of study since leaving North Side School, especially math, because North Side prepared them for excellence in a kind, supportive and challenging learning environment. in each school they attended afterward, they were ahead of the curriculum. The education they received here is priceless and the cost was well worth it. Many people pay so much more for the same quality of education.
Yes, my daughter analis loves going to school every day. the teachers she has had there have made her first experience in school very special, not to mention extremely educational. she has learned so much and i am amazed at how much she has learned in the short period of time there. The director there is in touch with all her students and knows them all very well. i am extremely pleased at the quality of education and staff at this school!
One word phenomenal! Wonderful setting. Teachers are attentive and nurturing. I did my homework/research, no other school compares!
My son has done so well at North Side. I have been so happy with the quality of care and education he has received there. I recommend it highly!
My son goes to this school. He is a very bright kid and loves going there every day. I highly recommend North Side School to any parents who need to place their children into daycare.
Endorse Circle Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.