East Hill Christian School- Pensacola
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Our goal is to develop academically successful, responsible students We believe strongly in a Christ-centered education, both inside and out of the classroom Students at EHCS learn to be responsible in their home and community and successful in their college and career goals Our teachers are well credentialed, ACSI certified, and profess a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. The learning environment is loving and supportive and reflects the highest standards of scholarship.
- We believe that the student should find the classroom exciting, imaginative, disciplined and a vital laboratory, which nurtures creativity, individuality of thought, and spiritual development.
- To help us maintain and exceed these standards, EHCS is accredited by ACSI from the VPK- 12th grades.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||394 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Advanced Courses||American History (Dual Enrollment), English Composition I (Dual Enrollment), English Composition II (Dual Enrollment), Honors Advanced Math, Honors Chemistry, Honors Geometry, Honors Physics|
|Average SAT score||1065|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||The tuition rate includes tuition, student activity fee, lab fees, textbooks, and workbooks.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Donella Ray|
|Admissions Associate||Tracy Van Norman|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
EH Junior Honor Society, Elementary Hand Chimes, Elementary Interpretive Dance, Elementary Pep Squad, Elementary Sign Language, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, HS Mentoring MS Program, National Honor Society, Student Council (Middle School), Student Government Association, Student Leadership University, Theater Program
- Parents and students interested in EHCS should visit the admissions section of our website, where they will be able to request more information and even apply online. Parents interested in our free VPK program should contact the school by phone 850-438-7746 ext 136. If you are interested in scholarship information (McKay or Step Up for Students) please visit the scholarships section of our website or contact Mrs. Tracy Van Norman, firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-438-7746 ext 134.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pensacola Grades: PK-8 | 421 students
223 N Palafox St
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850)434-6474 1.2 PK-8
- Pensacola Grades: NS-8 | 319 students
3121 Hyde Park Rd
Pensacola, FL 32503
(850)436-6435 1.6 NS-8
I have had 3 children graduate from East Hill Christian School and I cannot say enough good things about it! The teachers really get involved in the students' lives and genuinely care for their students. Great academics and sports and extracurricular activities.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
This is a school that promotes academics presented in a Christian environment. It also welcomes and encourages parent and family involvement. There is always open communication between teachers, faculty and parents.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Julie Raines
My child has been attending this school for the past two years. The school is outstanding. I appreciate the constant communication that I receive from the staff and the individualized attention that we receive from the teachers. The staff are very patient with the children and they take the time with them. They know the names of the kids (even if they're not the kids' teacher) The morale within the school is very high. Each year I ask my child if they'd like to move to another school and they've said no because they enjoy Easthill just that much.
- Posted by Parent - Jackson
Fantastic school! We are getting ready to enroll our girls for a 2nd year, grades 8 and 10! Small classes, great enthusiasm and highly recommended if you want a quality education and balanced extracurricular activities.
- Posted by Parent - Jjone
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.