Florida College Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- A Pre-K - 8th grade private school where your child can achieve their highest academic goals in a Bible-based, safe and caring enviroment.
- FCA, where every child is a unique part of our school family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- Florida College Academy provides a learning environment where biblical principles are taught and exemplified. From the beginning, Florida College's founders wanted students to receive an education which included a knowledge of God and His creation. Daily Bible classes and Chapel provide opportunities to focus on Christian attitudes and concepts. Students at FCA are instructed in four principles of respect:
- Respect for yourself
- Respect for others
- Respect for property
- Respect for authority
- All faculty members embrace the highest Christian values and uphold the philosophy and purposes of Florida College Academy.
- With a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1, students learn in a safe, caring environment.
- Athletics are important in both physical and social development. Grades 4-9 are encouraged to participate in the extracurricular sports programs. Soccer, basketball, volleyball, and flag football are offered for both boys and girls.
- Field trips, projects, banquets and other programs allow students to interact in a variety of social situations.
- We believe a school should provide a warm, nurturing environment where respect for others is demonstrated, and where safety is assured. When we speak of the "FCA family", we are emphasizing the close, personal relationships that exist between students, teachers, parents, and administrators. Located in the city of Temple Terrace, one of the safest neighborhoods in Hillsborough County, FCA strives to provide an environment free of weapons, alcohol, drugs, profanity and hostility.
- Solid education, spiritual development, social interaction, and safety-compelling reasons to choose Florida College Academy for your child's education. We invite you to come visit our school and observe the warm, caring environment provided for our students. We hope you will become part of the FCA family soon. Your children deserve the best. Solid Education
- At Florida College Academy (FCA), language arts, science, math, social sciences and Bible principles are stressed as the foundation of all education. This core curriculum is enriched by numerous electives and extracurricular opportunities. Since its establishment in 1958, Florida College Academy has provided the educational foundation for thousands of students. FCA is associated with Florida College, Hillsborough County's second oldest institution of higher learning.
- FCA enjoys many advantages by being connected with Florida College. College facilities and resources are available to Academy students.
- Educational events such as guest speakers, storytellers, lecturers and musicians are often scheduled to perform for Academy students.
- All students enjoy weekly classes in art, music and physical education.
- Non-Discrimination Policy --- Florida College Academy admission is granted to students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, and includes all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, athletic and other school-administered programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 267 students
6815 North Rome Ave
Tampa, FL 33604
(813)343-0600 6.3 NS-12
- Odessa Grades: K-12 | 93 students
19521 Michigan Ave
Odessa, FL 33556
(813)792-1825 15.6 K-12
All of my three children have attended Florida College Academy and had a great experience. The school community truly is a family to my family. My oldest two were students at FCA from kindergarten to 8th grade before attending high school elsewhere. They were very well prepared for high school and have gone on to succeed in college, graduate programs and professional work. Both of them still enjoy friendships that were developed during their years at FCA. We are fortunate that my youngest child was able to remain at Florida College Academy Prep for high school. The individualized attention she gets from this unique high school experience is helping her grow academically but also emotionally and spiritually. She has had wonderful teachers who are teaching their students so much more than math, science, English and social studies and I am very thankful to have these role models influencing her every day. I am grateful to have the opportunity for all of my children to be students at Florida College Academy.
- Posted by Parent - Margaret H
My sons both attend this school and we would not choose another school. It is worth any sacrifices financially to be able to send them here. They are excited to go to school each day, have made life-long friends, and are achieving great success academically! Thank you Florida College Academy for the great job you do!
- Posted by Parent - Jason
We are so glad that we found this school. My oldest son completed Pre-K through 8th grade at FCA and was fully prepared socially and academically for high school. My youngest still attends and has been there since Pre-K. We love that school continues to grow improve. The highly qualified teaching staff are encouraging and professional. Each student is encouraged to reach his/her potential. Respect and responsibility are fostered, encouraged and integrated daily. Students are disciplined quietly and not publically. Bullying is not tolerated. This school is a true gem in our community.
- Posted by Parent - lorib
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.