Hanson Place Elementary School
Tel: (718) 625-3030
- The Hanson Place Seventh-day Adventist (S.D.A.) School was established to provide a Christian education for students in grades Pre-K - grade 8.
- The school recognizes its responsibility in helping to develop the mental, physical and spiritual character based on Biblical principles.
- Central to its philosophy is a belief in God as the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe and recognition of man as a child of God and steward of this world.
- The education program is predicated on the belief that each student is unique and of inestimable value, and on the importance of the development of the whole person.
- Students are educated to accept service as a way of life, to be sensitive to the needs of people in the home and society, and to become active members in the Church.
- Realizing that true education redeems us to be fully what God intends for us, we the staff at Hanson Place S.D.A. school endeavor to impart to our students the skills that society demands for effective service, values that can be used to enhance relationships with all of God's creatures, and spiritual knowledge that direct lives toward the ultimate choice to do all for the honor and glory of God.
- Compatible with this philosophy, emphasis is placed on spiritual, academic, physical and social development of each students.
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 858-5100 0.8 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 33 students
98 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
(718) 636-9363 0.5 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-10 | 418 students
1413 45th St
Brooklyn, NY 11219
(718) 854-0800 3.6 PK-10
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
1260 Ocean Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 859-1313 4 PK-8
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-5 | 129 students
2739 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11210
(718) 421-9581 3.7 NS-5
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?