Hanson Place Elementary School
- The Hanson Place Seventh-day Adventist (S.D.A.) School was established to provide a Christian education for students in grades Pre-K - grade 8.
- The school recognizes its responsibility in helping to develop the mental, physical and spiritual character based on Biblical principles.
- Central to its philosophy is a belief in God as the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe and recognition of man as a child of God and steward of this world.
- The education program is predicated on the belief that each student is unique and of inestimable value, and on the importance of the development of the whole person.
- Students are educated to accept service as a way of life, to be sensitive to the needs of people in the home and society, and to become active members in the Church.
- Realizing that true education redeems us to be fully what God intends for us, we the staff at Hanson Place S.D.A. school endeavor to impart to our students the skills that society demands for effective service, values that can be used to enhance relationships with all of God's creatures, and spiritual knowledge that direct lives toward the ultimate choice to do all for the honor and glory of God.
- Compatible with this philosophy, emphasis is placed on spiritual, academic, physical and social development of each students.
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8
185 Court Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 33 students
98 5th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11217
- BrooklynGrades: 1-12 | 118 students
3321 Glenwood Rd
Brooklyn, NY 11210
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 184 students
287 Powers St
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 114 students
1037 72nd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.