Holy Family High School College Preparatory
- In the great tradition of Catholic Education, Holy Family High School College Preparatory instills in its students a love for God, commitment to justice, compassion for humanity, and reverence for the earth.
- A rigorous curriculum, expansive extra-curricular program, dedicated outreach services, and innovative community bridge classes to cultivate the unique potential of a culturally and economically diverse student body.
- Holy Family's supportive environment promotes individual integrity, fosters social responsibility, strengthens the mind, and creates a powerful spirit.
- The school, established in 1937 by the Sisters of Charity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, develops in students the knowledge and skills necessary to become effective leaders in today's Church and world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||182 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP French, AP Physics B, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Studio Art, AP US Government, AP US History, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants, skirt or shorts, white blouse or polo shirt with school logo, blazer on formal uniform days, sweaters and vests are optional)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 14 / Jan. 21|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,100|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Assistance is available upon request.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carla Delgado|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Clubs, ASB Leadership, Campus Ministry, Christian Service Hours, CIF/Horizon League Sports, Science/Health Career Academy, Visual and Performing Arts Consortium|
- It is with great pleasure that I invite you to tour Holy Family High School College Preparatory. We are a school that is centered on scholarship, faith, student activities, athletics, and the empowerment of young women. 100% of our graduates attend colleges of their choice and become leaders in an ever-changing world. HFHSCP students are taught to strive for excellence and to be grateful for the blessings God has provided. We are a school that celebrates being a family in Christ, and focuses on educating students in a positive and enriching environment, where girls celebrate and encourage each other to reach their potential. The energy and excitement at Holy Family are evident at Spirit activities, retreats, assemblies, dances, theater productions, musical performances, and the Faculty Talent Show, as well as in the way students and teachers show respect and appreciation for one another. An adventurous spirit is developed through opportunities to travel all around the world, from Egypt to Peru, Paris to Amsterdam, and Costa Rica to Alaska, and a strong will is cultivated by centering instruction and curriculum on critical and creative thinking. Come to a place where your presence will make a difference, and become a woman who will make history!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 6-12 | 742 students
5515 Franklin Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323)461-3651 4.2 6-12
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 9-12 | 402 students
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(626)685-8333 4.7 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: 7-12 | 533 students
250 S Rossmore Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90004
(323)935-1147 6.6 7-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.