Mcauley High School
Mcauley High School Photo #3 - Centered in the Catholic tradition, McAuley has a rich history of educating young women according to the Mercy-based principles of its foundress, Catherine McAuley. Student retreats, daily prayer, theology courses, all-school Masses, service trips and projects, and sacraments such as Reconciliation, provide ample opportunities for students to deepen their faith in God.
Mcauley High School Photo #4 - Every McAuley student has her own Tablet PC, an all-purpose device that provides students with innovative programs, online textbooks, class discussions and study groups, and the ability to easily exchange information with teachers. Students can also use it to easily organize notes, homework and projects.
Mcauley High School Photo #5 - McAuley's academic curriculum is carefully tailored to students' individual needs and abilities. Many AP classes are offered, several of which are Dual Credit courses that allow students to earn college credits while still in high school.
Mcauley High School Photo #6 - McAuley's competitive athletic program offers 11 sports and 25 teams. Over 40% of students participate in athletics. McAuley athletes consistently receive scholarships to Division I and Division II colleges and universities.
Mcauley High School Photo #7 - Participation in McAuley's award-winning drama, vocal, music and visual arts programs inspires many students to pursue the arts in college and beyond. The school performs three plays per year in its 1,000-seat Performing Arts Center. Its Vocal Ensemble, chorus and orchestra perform in several concerts per year. The school also offers many fine arts classes and annual Art Show.
- McAuley High School, a comprehensive Catholic school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas is committed to quality education and growth within a caring, Christ-centered community.
- Faithful to the Gospel and the charism, core values and tradition of Mercy, McAuley's essential activity is to create an environment designed to help each young woman develop her intellect, gifts and talents.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||495 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Economics, English, English Literature, French, Government, Latin, Physics, Psychology, Spanish, United States History, World History|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform skirt, polo shirt, class sweatshirt, class sweater)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,950|
|Tuition Notes||Plus $600 year tablet fee|
|Admissions Director||Maria Schweikert|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Ambassadors Club, American Sign Language Club, Art Clubs, Book Club, Campus Ministry Team, CSTAT (Catholic Social Teaching Action Team), Dance Team, Drama Club, French Club, Green Team, History Club, International Thespian Society, Key Club & Merfettes, Latin Club, Library Advisory Board, Life Club, Mock Trial, National Honor Society (NHS), Needlecraft Club, Philanthropy Club, Photography Club, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Student Council & Tribe, Women of Diversity, Yoga Club
- McAuley High School is a Catholic college preparatory school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas and part of the Mercy Education Collaborative of Cincinnati (MECC). It is committed to quality education and growth within a caring, Christ-centered community. It's mission is to empower young women to Learn, Lead and Love through the Core Values of the Sisters of Mercy: Faith, Compassion, Service, Leadership and Excellence.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: 9-12 | 490 students
3036 Werk Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45211
(513)661-2740 4.8 9-12
- Cincinnati Grades: 9-12 | 708 students
3091 North Bend Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45239
(513)741-3000 1.8 9-12
- Cincinnati Grades: 9-12 | 699 students
711 E Columbia Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45215
(513)821-3044 6.9 9-12
- Cincinnati Grades: 9-12 | 667 students
1339 East McMillan Street
Cincinnati, OH 45206
(513)961-3410 6.5 9-12
- Cincinnati Grades: 9-12 | 557 students
3901 Glenway Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45205
(513)471-2600 6.1 9-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.