Oak Grove Institute
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1989, Oak Grove, a nonprofit organization located in Southwest Riverside County, is a 24-hour educational and residential treatment center that serves 76 children (plus an additional 80-90 day students) with a variety of psychological, social, emotional, behavioral, medical and neurological problems with concurrent behavioral difficulties, school problems, family dysfunction and alcohol or substance abuse.
- We are able to treat severely disturbed children and adolescents with a variety of diagnoses and at-risk behaviors, in a safe, structured and therapeutic environment.
- This is in part made possible because of the strength of the overall treatment planning process.
- Oak Grove prides itself on the design, development and implementation of unique, creative and highly individualized treatment plans.
- We work towards the development of specific, focused, measurable and outcome-oriented treatment objectives.
- Therapeutic interventions designed to decrease problem behaviors are based on the child's or adolescent's problems, dynamics, needs, and recommendations from various assessments.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Murrieta Grades: PK-8 | 563 students
24275 Monroe Ave
Murrieta, CA 92562
(951)834-9190 0.5 PK-8
- Alhambra Grades: 4-12 | 101 students
9 N Almansor St
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626)308-4521 63.4 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 4-12 | 55 students
41 Bolivar Drive
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510)649-1177 411.6 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 5
2855 Telegraph Ave. Suite 312
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)845-1321 409.5 5
I am a former employer of Oak Grove, who was an educator teaching between several classes at Oak Grove. I endured several months of hardship to establish myself as an educator which I can honestly say that in my 10 years of my experience working with children, this has been by far the most toxic work environment I have worked with. -Conflict of -Extremely high turnover rate.
- Posted by Teacher - Gears
I work at this site and love the teachers, kids and staff. What a great facility, they really care about the kids.
- Posted by Teacher - A N
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.