Oak Grove Institute
5.00 (1 review)
- Founded in 1989, Oak Grove, a nonprofit organization located in Southwest Riverside County, is a 24-hour educational and residential treatment center that serves 76 children (plus an additional 80-90 day students) with a variety of psychological, social, emotional, behavioral, medical and neurological problems with concurrent behavioral difficulties, school problems, family dysfunction and alcohol or substance abuse.
- We are able to treat severely disturbed children and adolescents with a variety of diagnoses and at-risk behaviors, in a safe, structured and therapeutic environment.
- This is in part made possible because of the strength of the overall treatment planning process.
- Oak Grove prides itself on the design, development and implementation of unique, creative and highly individualized treatment plans.
- We work towards the development of specific, focused, measurable and outcome-oriented treatment objectives.
- Therapeutic interventions designed to decrease problem behaviors are based on the child's or adolescent's problems, dynamics, needs, and recommendations from various assessments.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||123 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Murrieta Grades: PK-12 | 563 students
24225 Monroe Ave
Murrieta, CA 92562
(951)834-9190 0.5 PK-12
- Alhambra Grades: 4-12 | 101 students
9 N Almansor St
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626)308-4521 63.4 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 4-12 | 55 students
41 Bolivar Drive
Berkeley, CA 94710
(510)649-1177 411.6 4-12
- Berkeley Grades: 5
2855 Telegraph Ave. Suite 312
Berkeley, CA 94705
(510)845-1321 409.5 5
I work at this site and love the teachers, kids and staff. What a great facility, they really care about the kids.
- Posted by Teacher - A N
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.