River Valley School is a non-sectarian, non-profit, independent Waldorf school serving children and families of all spiritual practices and religious beliefs, racial, ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds.
Nestled on top of the rolling hills of Upper Bucks County, overlooking the Delaware River, River Valley Waldorf School`s award winning school building is filled with sunlight and surrounded by 7 1/2 acres of fields and woodlands.
Beginning with our Early Childhood Program which includes Parent-Child, Pre-K and Kindergarten classes, and on through our Grade School, River Valley Waldorf School honors the rhythms of human development as a basis for learning throughout life.
Our mission is to prepare children to meet the future with compassion, a will to practical action and creative, independent thinking.
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
chorus, handwork, orchestra, soap stone sculpting, wood working
chorus, handwork, orchestra, soap stone sculpting, wood working
- River Valley Waldorf School Vision Statement:
- River Valley Waldorf School prepares the children of our community to meet the future with compassion, a will to practical action, creative independent thinking and a life-long quest for learning. Inspired by the insights and worldview of Rudolf Steiner, the school honors the rhythms of human development as a basis for learning throughout life. As a community, we seek to build confidence, a sense of belonging and strength of purpose. River Valley Waldorf School, as part of the global Waldorf education movement, cultivates social responsibility and a respect for the earth.
- River Valley Waldorf School Mission Statement:
- River Valley Waldorf School nurtures the individual spirit of each child. Our holistic education is based on social renewal, a kinship with nature, high academic standards and a full complement of the arts. With Rudolf Steiner`s pedagogy at its foundation, this curriculum is brought to life by our experienced and compassionate Waldorf trained faculty through ongoing study into the children and their stages of development. Our children, faculty and staff are supported by the diversity of the parents and community. Together, we celebrate seasonal festivals as we cultivate the cultural, spiritual and social life of the school.
- As part of the global Waldorf education movement, River Valley School recognizes a need for increased social responsibility and renewal in today`s world. River Valley School celebrates an inclusive world community with faculty and families from 5 continents and 17 different countries. Founded in 1994, River Valley Waldorf School is our area`s only school offering a Waldorf education and is a proud member of the growing network of over 800 Waldorf schools worldwide. For more information please contact: River Valley Waldorf School, 1395 Bridgeton Hill Road, Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972 (610) 982-5606 email: email@example.com
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of River Valley Waldorf School?
The acceptance rate of River Valley Waldorf School is 70%, which is lower than the national average of 86%. River Valley Waldorf School's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Pennsylvania with low acceptance rates.
What is River Valley Waldorf School's ranking?
River Valley Waldorf School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for: Lowest average acceptance rates.
When is the application deadline for River Valley Waldorf School?
The application deadline for River Valley Waldorf School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
River Valley has been the guiding light in our family's life since we began our journey here 7 years ago. We have watched our two daughters thrive under the guidance of the many incredibly dedicated teachers. They not only guide them in the traditional subjects, but the holistic approach of the curriculum extends far beyond that. I have personally seen how the teachers equally value the cultivation of empathy and integrity in each child. In a world where these qualities seem to no longer be nurtured in schools, and are not-so-subtly replaced by the cultivation of competitiveness and a me-first attitude, River Valley gives me hope for the next generation. I truly believe every teacher in this school cares about the daily experience of each and every student, can call them all by name, and is intrinsically involved in their educational journey. The campus is beautiful and welcoming, with great plans in store for expansion. The gardens, woods, and playgrounds are a child's dream-come-true. That and the generous amount of outdoor time that is built into every day has truly helped to inspire a deep and meaningful connection to nature in our children. The early childhood wing is a sacred space, an environment that has fostered imaginative play, real learning, and a culture of kindness for both our girls. Now our children are in the grade school and we have been privileged to work side-by-side in a partnership with each of their amazing teachers to continue the development and unfolding of each of our daughters' unique talents and personalities. The faculty and community are wonderful, inclusive, and our interactions with everyone have proved to always be a respite from the busy, hectic world outside the school. We have enormous gratitude for what this school has provided for our girls and for our family.
My daughter has thrived in the Waldorf learning environment. We selected the River Valley Waldorf School because of the developmental approach to learning. When our daughter was in Kindergarten, she was free to move, socialize and use her imagination. In seventh grade her enthusiasm for learning is still strong.
Endorse River Valley Waldorf School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.