- St. Luke's School is a coeducational day school that enrolls approximately 285 students of all faiths from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 8.
- The school has a rigorous academic program and a humanistic approach to learning.
- Committed to excellence, St. Luke's values critical thinking, intellectual inquiry, and creative expression.
- Music, art, drama, and athletics round out the outstanding education. An after school program is also available.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$41,350|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$32,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Harriot|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Climbing, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Program, Amnesty International, Choisters, Drama, Music Lessons, Sports, Student Government Choisters, Drama, Music Lessons, Sports, After School Program,
- ERB/ISEE test required for grades 2-7. Parent and student interviews required. Call for application form and other admissions materials or download from school's web site.
Profile last updated: 06/15/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 728 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 1086 students
129 Pierrepont St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
212 Hicks Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.