St. Lukes School
- St. Luke's School is a coeducational day school that enrolls approximately 300 students of all faiths from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 8.
- The school has a rigorous academic program and a humanistic approach to learning.
- Committed to excellence, St. Luke's values critical thinking, intellectual inquiry, and creative expression.
- Music, art, drama, and athletics round out the outstanding education. An after school program is also available.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,220|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$32,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Harriot|
|Admissions Associate||Peggy Chen|
|Endowment Size||$5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Program, Choisters, Drama, Music Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- ERB/ISEE test required for grades 2-7. Parent and student interviews required. Call for application form and other admissions materials or download from school's web site.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 756 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
(212)979-5035 1.1 K-12
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-4 | 42 students
212 Hicks Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(866)664-2070 2.6 PK-4
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.