St. Lukes School
Tel: (212) 924-5960
- St. Luke's School is a coeducational day school that enrolls approximately 330 students of all faiths from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 8.
- The school has a rigorous academic program and a humanistic approach to learning.
- Committed to excellence, St. Luke's values critical thinking, intellectual inquiry, and creative expression.
- Music, art, drama, and athletics round out the outstanding education. An after school program is also available.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||337 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$48,460|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$32,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Harriot|
|Admissions Associate||Peggy Chen|
|Endowment Size||$5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Program, Choisters, Drama, Music Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- ERB/ISEE test required for grades 2-7. Parent and student interviews required. Call for application form and other admissions materials or download from school's web site.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 756 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
(212) 979-5035 1.1 K-12
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-4 | 42 students
212 Hicks Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(866) 664-2070 2.6 NS-4
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.