St. Lukes School
- St. Luke's School is a coeducational day school that enrolls approximately 300 students of all faiths from Junior Kindergarten through Grade 8.
- The school has a rigorous academic program and a humanistic approach to learning.
- Committed to excellence, St. Luke's values critical thinking, intellectual inquiry, and creative expression.
- Music, art, drama, and athletics round out the outstanding education. An after school program is also available.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$45,220|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$32,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Harriot|
|Admissions Associate||Peggy Chen|
|Endowment Size||$5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Amnesty International, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Program, Choisters, Drama, Music Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- ERB/ISEE test required for grades 2-7. Parent and student interviews required. Call for application form and other admissions materials or download from school's web site.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: PK-4 | 42 students
212 Hicks Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(866)664-2070 2.6 PK-4
- New York Grades: K-12 | 756 students
222 E 16th St
New York, NY 10003
(212)979-5035 1.1 K-12
Test your knowledge of private school facts and trivia with these twenty-one questions and answers.
As you research schools, check the national and state associations. Is the school you are considering a member? If not, why not?
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.