West Sayville Christian School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Founded in 1944, West Sayville Christian School is committed to teaching children how to live a full and complete life to the glory of God.
- West Sayville Christian School is an interdenominational independent Christian School dedicated to high academic and spiritual standards.
- Our Christian based and quality academic programs provide students with the very best in academic and spiritual formation.
- West Sayville Christian School believes that since God created and sustains everything through His son, Jesus Christ, the world and life are a revelation of Himself.
- Therefore, all area of learning must be taught from a Christian perspective, and with full recognition that God is the author of all knowledge and truth.
- The whole scope of our educational process seeks to bring the child to this understanding.
- According to the Scriptures the education of the child is the direct responsibility of the parents.
- The Christian school seeks to complement the training of the home and church and recognizes that it cannot replace either, but does its best work when supported by both.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Karen Warren|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- Founded in 1946, West Sayville Christian School is an inter-denominational school that exists to assist parents and churches on Long Island by providing an academically challenging, values-based education for children from grades K through grade eight. We offer art, music, P.E., and computer classes (in our up-to-date computer lab) as well as Elementary Spanish Enrichment. Bus transportation is available at no cost to most families.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Patchogue Grades: PK-8 | 319 students
1 Division St
Patchogue, NY 11772
(631)475-0422 4.7 PK-8
- Centereach Grades: PK-12 | 235 students
140 Mark Tree Rd
Centereach, NY 11720
(631)588-2757 9.4 PK-12
- East Islip Grades: PK-8 | 553 students
16 Harrison Ave
East Islip, NY 11730
(631)581-3423 5.1 PK-8
- Riverhead Grades: PK-8 | 163 students
515 Marcy Ave
Riverhead, NY 11901
(631)727-1650 25.8 PK-8
- Center Moriches Grades: PK-8 | 235 students
2 St Johns Place
Center Moriches, NY 11934
(631)878-1033 16.9 PK-8
Wow ! West Sayville School has been an absolute blessing to our grandchildren!Academically, socially and spiritually the school has been right on target. We have witnessed real growth in these three areas concerning both children . We could not be more happy! As an individual who has spent over thirty years in Christian school education as both a teacher and administrator I highly recommend West Sayville Christian School for your child. They will be in very capable hands.It is worth any financial sacrifice and the dividends on your investment will pay more than you can imagine. The presence of God is can be felt throughout the building and is obvious in the staff . What a place !!
- Posted by Parent - John Contes
The West Sayville Christian School has been an amazing experience for our family. Our kids are so much more relaxed both socially and academically since they are attending WSCS. Teachers at WSCS are very dedicated and loving. The curriculum affords students to learn at a much higher level, and for the first time our children have the freedom to share their faith on a daily basis. They are so confident and comfortable in their school setting now. As a family we look forward to sharing a chapel experience once a week at school, which has helped strengthen our unity as a family and our relationships with the Lord even more.
- Posted by Parent - Natacha Rea
I could not be happier with the education my child is receiving at West Sayville Christian School. The teachers are amazing and they know and genuinely care about each student. I would recommend this school to anyone who wishes to send their child to a supportive and loving environment.
- Posted by Parent - Devli
Sending my children to WSCS was the best decision I could have made for their education. Enrollment for next school year is going on now. They are also offering a special tuition break for families that transfer to WSCS mid-year. West Sayville Christian School provides a solid Christian education for children in grades K-8. The school is celebrating it's 70th Anniversary in 2016. Teachers here really care about the children and want them to succeed and reach their full potential. In addition to the basics students have Bible lessons, along with weekly chapel, Spanish, Music, Computers, Art & Gym.
- Posted by Parent - gjvig
This school is wonderful! The teachers are more than teachers; they are like family to the children. They know each and every child, and love them like their own. The children get individualized attention in the classes, and can grow at the pace that best suits them. There is music, art, sports, and language. They reinforce the values that we are instilling in our children at home. Parents: you should at least check out this school for your children. You''ll be happy that you did!
- Posted by Parent - thelu
July 16, 2018
As you’ve been doing your boarding school research, you’ve likely seen ISEE/SSAT score submission requirements for your target schools, and understand how important scores are to the admissions process. Unfortunately, tremendous candidates can get bypassed because they were not able to demonstrate what they knew on test day.
July 13, 2018
Schools for the artistically gifted child are in short supply.
June 26, 2018
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.