Casa Di Mir Montessori School
- Mission Statement: Our mission is to provide an authentic Montessori education in a nurturing school community. With a strong emphasis on academics, creativity, and peace education we provide a learning experience that promotes confidence, individual responsibility, and a strong sense of global citizenship.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||163 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 2 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to schedule for Primary/Preschool program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Anne Nguyen|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- Our students...
- Are nutured in an authentic Montessori environment
- Are encouraged to be independent, self directed learners.
- Are exposed to an incredibly rich curriculum. In addition to "the basics" of science, literature, math, history and geography, our students receive instruction in the arts, botany, zoology, earth sciences and astronomy.
- Are introduced to a rich variety of world cultural studies including international celebrations.
- Learn in a carefully prepared environment with the full spectrum of Montessori materials for multi-sensory learning.
- Are exposed to diverse perspectives and taught to respect different points of view.
- Learn in an atmosphere of respect, honor, peace and warmth.
- Focus on organizational skills. Our strong academics span the needs of challenged learners as well as gifted learners. Our curriculum encourages children to think, to question, and to find the right answers for themselves. Please contact the office for a detailed curriculum guide.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Clara Grades: K-12 | 96 students
220 Blake Ave # B
Santa Clara, CA 95051
(408)247-4740 4.4 K-12
- Sunnyvale Grades: PK-6 | 977 students
790 E Duane Ave
Sunnyvale, CA 94085
(408)738-3261 7.5 PK-6
- Campbell Grades: PK-8 | 161 students
400 W Campbell Ave
Campbell, CA 95008
(408)378-5935 0.5 PK-8
- Fremont Grades: PK-6 | 231 students
155 Washington Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
(510)490-1993 16.9 PK-6
My wife and I are super-pleased with the well rounded education both are kids are getting at Casa. It is a fantastic Montessori school and the teachers are A+. In addition to gaining academic excellence, the children learn about respect develop into sensitive individuals with a peaceful core. The kids'' souls flourish in the Casa environment. You can't go wrong with Casa -- highly recommended!
- Posted by Parent - samee
My son has been at Casa Di Mir since he was 3 years old. He is now a confident, intelligent, compassionate and interesting 7 year old. The environment and education at Casa is beyond compare. Without creating an atmosphere of stress and pressure, they foster the child's love of learning and thereby they achieve excellence in academics. The teachers tailor the work a student does to the individual student - without having to leave his friends, he has been afforded the opportunity to learn material above his grade level in all of the core subjects. Furthermore, he is getting an incredible cultural and social education. He is learning two languages and to play an instrument as well. All students learn spanish but other languages are available includin Chinese and Hindi. Even more important than his academic achievements, is that he is happy and well adjusted and with his age group. In nearly 5 years in this amazing school, I have never seen a child be bullied, resort to violence, or taunt another child. This is an amazing school with a unique and wonderful community and a truly exceptional teaching staff. They have a nice little library and wonderful materials used in the Montessori method of teaching. There is nothing I would change about Casa!
- Posted by Parent - danag
I have visited over 30 schools in the south bay and peninsula area looking for a good fit for my child. Both my parents were educators and education is a very important value in our family. My child is beginning their 4th year at Casa di Mir and has been in both the Primary and Elementary programs. This school and the people in it have been absolutely and unequivocally outstanding their willingness to support my child. My child has had significant struggles functioning in a classroom setting and I have had many interactions with the faculty and staff as we work together to provide the best environment possible at school. The teachers and administrators have spent many extra hours working with me, and others who support my child. They have gone out of their way to be available, helpful, creative in their problem solving and have never given up on the belief that my child can be successful. Many schools advertise their ability and value of education to meet the individual need of each child but when pressed for specific measures they are able and willing to take, it becomes apparent that they are unable to truly provide this in the classroom. This school has done this for my child, who is now thriving in the classroom environment. My child is very lucky to have the experience of being a member of a caring and compassionate community that practices what it preaches in terms of educating the whole child. Casa di Mir is a school with a heart, and makes great use of the skills and talents of the larger community to enrich the education for the children. There is a wide variety of options included in the curriculum including but not limited to: music, art, gymnastics, PE, field trips, spanish, dance, musicians who come to perform, and community service projects. There is a lot of parent involvement as well and I have enjoyed participating in the classroom with the children and knowing that each day several parents help in different ways to enrich the classroom for my child. My family is extremely grateful that a place like Casa di Mir exists, and if you are looking for a school with strong academics that includes the idea of developing the whole child we encourage you to learn more!
- Posted by Parent - Shann