Desert Christian Schools
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Since Desert Christian Schools (DCS) beginning in 1986, DCS has been committed to providing a solid spiritual and educational foundation for every student.
- DCS is an international recognized accredited, independent, inter-denominational, Christian covenant school that provides a rigorous traditional liberal arts education taught from a biblical worldview.
- In partnership with Christian families, DCS is committed to providing an educational experience, centered on the foundation of a Biblical Christian Worldview.
- At DCS, it is our mission to: 1. Pursue excellence in Christian education2.
- Foster Christ-Centered relationships3. Endeavor to meet the unique learning needs of every student Desert Christian Schools admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at the school.
- DCS strives to provide a solid spiritual and educational foundation to all children from preschool through 12th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Special Ed Services|
|Total Students||441 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending on grade. Please visit our Tuition Webpage: https://www.desertchristian.org/admissions/tuition-financialaid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andrew Riebe|
|Admissions Associate||Pam Leslie|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Intramural Sports Only, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
High School Dance Club, High School Scuba Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- In partnership with Christian families, DCS is committed to providing an educational experience, centered on the foundation of a Biblical Christian Worldview. At DCS, it is our mission to:Pursue excellence in Christian educationFoster Christ-Centered relationshipsEndeavor to meet the unique learning needs of every studentStudents are considered for admission to Desert Christian Schools once they have completed the entire DCS Admissions process. Prospective students must complete the (1) DCS Inquiry Form, (2) Application, and (3) Interview process, prior to their application being reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: PK-7 | 133 students
7801 E Kenyon Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)792-7070 1.6 PK-7
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 779 students
330 N Glenview Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53213
(414)453-4567 1447.1 9-12
- Houston Grades: K-12 | 653 students
11123 Cypress N Houston Rd
Houston, TX 77065
(281)469-8829 914.8 K-12
All three of my kids attended and graduated from DCS. They excelled academically, participated in sports and theater arts, and were taught by godly staff throughout their years. Each went on to private universities with plenty of academic scholarships making these years financially bearable, especially since they were all in college at the same time (Fr, Jr. Sr). If I had to do it all over again, I'd make the same decision! #Godsgotthis.
- Posted by Parent - Kathieb
Desert Christian is an exceptional school. I am thankful that my children have such caring teachers who are godly role models. My older children have all received academic scholarships and were well-prepared for college and life beyond. Can't say enough about how great it is at DCS.
- Posted by Parent - kimmc
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.