Desert Christian Schools
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (520)901-5499 Ext. 7434
Desert Christian Schools Photo #2 - Call (520) 901-5499 for information about Desert Christian Schools.
Desert Christian Schools Photo #3 - Desert Christian Schools has two beautiful campuses. our Wrightstown Campus (Preschool - 8th grade) and our High School Campus (9th - 12th grade).
- Since Desert Christian Schools (DCS) beginning in 1986, DCS has been committed to providing a solid spiritual and educational foundation for every student.
- Desert Christian Schools has two beautiful campuses. Our High School Campus (85710) is located at 7525 E. Speedway Blvd. 85710. Our Wrightstown Campus (P.S. - 8th Grade) is located at 9415 E. Wrightstown Rd. 85715.
- At DCS, it is our mission to 1. Pursue excellence in Christian education. 2.Foster Christ-Centered relationships. 3. Endeavor to meet the unique learning needs of every student Desert Christian Schools admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at the school.
- Please be sure to complete the Desert Christian Schools Inquiry Form, as well. The completion of the DCS Inquiry Form will allow our Admissions Office to contact you regarding our upcoming admissions events, campus tours, online application, and admissions process, as well as answer any additional questions that you may have.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Special Ed Services|
|Total Students||421 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||62 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,675|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending on grade. Please visit our Tuition Webpage: https://www.desertchristian.org/admissions/tuition-financialaid|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andrew Riebe|
|Admissions Associate||Pam Leslie|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Golf,
Intramural Sports Only, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
High School Dance Club, High School Scuba Club
Arts and Music Programs:
- DCS is an internationally recognized accredited, independent, inter-denominational, Christian covenant school that provides a rigorous traditional liberal arts education taught from a biblical worldview.
- In partnership with Christian families, DCS is committed to providing an educational experience, centered on the foundation of a Biblical Christian Worldview. At DCS, it is our mission to Pursue excellence in Christian education foster Christ-Centered relationships Endeavor to meet the unique learning needs of every student
- Students are considered for admission to Desert Christian Schools once they have completed the entire DCS Admissions process. Prospective students must complete the (1) DCS Inquiry Form, (2) Application, and (3) Interview process, prior to their application being reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: PK-7 | 133 students
7801 E Kenyon Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)792-7070 1.6 PK-7
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 1.5 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-8 | 72 students
2727 N Swan Rd
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520)318-3824 3.9 PK-8
All three of my kids attended and graduated from DCS. They excelled academically, participated in sports and theater arts, and were taught by godly staff throughout their years. Each went on to private universities with plenty of academic scholarships making these years financially bearable, especially since they were all in college at the same time (Fr, Jr. Sr). If I had to do it all over again, I'd make the same decision! #Godsgotthis.
- Posted by Parent - Kathieb
Desert Christian is an exceptional school. I am thankful that my children have such caring teachers who are godly role models. My older children have all received academic scholarships and were well-prepared for college and life beyond. Can't say enough about how great it is at DCS.
- Posted by Parent - kimmc
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.