Forest Trail Academy
5.00 (12 reviews)
- Forest Trail Academy is committed to providing an innovative, academic, cultural, and pragmatic excellence by empowering future leaders of life long learners in a holistic online environment worldwide.
- Academy is also committed in providing alternative solutions to meet the needs of students with various life circumstances.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Per IEP/Academic Records|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$550|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$550.00 per summer course + $150.00 registration fee|
|Total Students||678 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,200|
|Tuition Notes||K-5 Elementary School $1,750.00 + $150.00 Registration fee $300.00 down and $146.00 per month for 11 months6-8 Middle School $2,450.00 + $150.00 Registration fee $350.00 down and $205.00 per month for 11 months9-12 High School $3,050.00 + $150.00 Registration fee $400.00 down and $255.00 per month for 11 months|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rico C.|
|Admissions Associate||Marcus E.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Journalism, Photography Club|
Club or Organization:
Cooking Club, National Honor Society
- Forest Trail Academy is an accredited K-12 distance education school in United States of America committed to provide quality online Elementary school education (K-5), Middle school education (Grade 6-8) and High school diploma programs for Grade 9-12 students who need flexible online homeschooling education. We are a virtual online school for students who can enroll for home school education programs. All our students can attend their classes online from any place, any time, at their own pace; it`s a self-paced interactive online school in United States for homeschool curriculum / homeschooling program.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boynton Beach Grades: PK-12 | 452 students
7592 High Ridge Rd
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
(561)586-8216 11.1 PK-12
- Lake Worth Grades: NS-12 | 571 students
7259 S Military Trl
Lake Worth, FL 33463
(561)967-1900 8.4 NS-12
- Ojai Grades: K-12
302 El Paseo Road
Ojai, CA 93023
(800)377-5890 2368.6 K-12
It's an amazing online school that has great teachers, great communication with me and my kids. The teachers reach out, unlike the teachers we've had in public schools. I know my kids are getting a better education. less stress, no bullying, and no peer pressure. I would definitely recommend this school to all my friends and family my kids love it and has so much fun.
- Posted by Parent - Judith Peraza
I would recommend Forest Trail Academy. My son has graduated from the same school and he is doing great in college. The teachers and staff are very supportive and prompt to answer any questions I have. It was good for my son because he refused to do school work in the public school and he was just going to let his slide through. Their policy of all assignments have to be turned in made sure he couldn't be lazy. My son loved the challenge and the ability to move as fast as he could. He was able to graduate sooner than his best friend who is still in the public school.
- Posted by Parent - Nancy Frater
The support of the teachers has been outstanding. They are willing to try new things and help my child grow and learn at her own pace. They also value and respect my input as a parent. The curriculum challenges my child without being so hard that they can`t figure it out.
- Posted by Parent - Mark Cooper
My daughter signed up for classes in her freshman year. Forest Trail Academy is rated as one of the top online high school programs in the country so I took a chance. Education is outstanding. Weekly they send the schedule of online classes that complement the daily assignments. As parents, we have to take responsibility and make sure that our children are on top of their studies.For the high school students, Forest Trail Academy is the perfect way to prepare children for college. I feel and believe that the overall course selection is really great and really offers some a great variety of different fields of study to help me succeed in life. I would definitely recommend this program for the ease of online learning. It is very simple and easy to use and has a wide range of choices for me to take.
- Posted by Parent - John Jill
This school is perfect for my son. He has improved dramatically not only in his studies, but also in his overall health. The support of the teachers has been outstanding. They are willing to try new things and help my child grow and learn at her own pace. They also value and respect my input as a parent.
- Posted by Parent - Samuel
31. Forest Trail Academy is an amazing school. I'm an athlete and find less time in attending the traditional school. I was suffering in managing both the school and also the career because traditional schools have fixed timings. I had missed my school for many times because of the sports tournaments. Once I joined FTA everything has gone quite comfortable. It has provided me flexibility in time for learning, so that I can concentrate on studies when am free on that day. I would like to say is Forest Trail Academy has given me an opportunity to earn the diploma without missing my career, made me successful in both the studies and the career.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - coope
I'm thankful to Forest Trail Academy for providing me a high school diploma. I have gained American Diploma from FTA. Being a person belongs to military family we use to relocate from place to place and because of relocation there was a disturbance in my education. FTA has resolved my problem, after joining FTA I have got my education without any interruption.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jenro
Forest Trail Academy helped me by imparting education through most challenging curriculum that is really helpful for me to accelerate my education and learn more advanced education. FTA's personalized learning approach helped me selecting the subjects im interested in. And its awesome experience to work with the school
- Posted by Student/Alumni - evang
I'm very happy and feel proud to be a part of Forest Trail Academy. Forest Trail Academy is such a school which has given me a scope of education and helped me to regain the lost credits. I'm very much thankful to the teachers of FTA who has helped me and cleared all my doubts.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - brent
My son being a professional surfer, had to dedicate most of his time to practice and tournaments. Forest Trail Academy allowed him to continue concentrating on the surfing and complete his education at his own pace. His grades from regular school were always low but since joining Forest Trail Academy, I have seen tremendous improvements in the grades. I'm really happy with the quality of education and the personalized attention provided by the teachers.
- Posted by Parent - ashle
The online school has laid a path for my success and helped me in getting back on track for the lost credit in the previous academic years. The teachers at Forest Trail Academy has guided me at every step and made my years success in the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - amand
We are so happy we found Forest Trail Academy for our son. While the classes are online, the teachers and staff are still very much involved in interacting with the parents and students. The academics are challenging enough and the staff seem to actually care about the success of the students. The 12 month flexible schedule and NCAA approved courses are just what we were looking for since our son is active in both sports and music. He now has all the time he needs to travel and study his violin.
- Posted by Parent - Brown
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.