Fusion Academy San Francisco
Tel: (415) 765-9078
- Fusion Academy is a revolutionary private middle and high school where positive relationships unlock academic potential.
- All courses are one-to-one: one student and one teacher per classroom.
- This allows teachers to personalize curriculum and teaching for each student's individual strengths, interests, and learning style.
- Our supportive campus environment is a unique space that includes a state-of-the-art recording studio, mixed-media art studio, and a Homework Caf where students complete all homework before going home.
- Schedules are customized for students to enroll at any time and take classes at a time of day that works best for them.
- From algebra to yoga and everything in between, we have classes available at essential, college prep, and honors levels to meet your student's academic goals, whatever they may be.
- Fusion students are all unique but have one thing in common: traditional school doesn t work.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Ayala|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- Fusion Academy is a revolutionary private middle and high school where all classes are one-to-one: one student and one teacher per classroom. This allows for the personalization of curriculum and instruction for each student's individual strengths, interest, and learning style.This unique, relationships-based education model began with one school in Solana Beach, CA, and now there are over 30 campuses across the country in California, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia, and Washington D.C.Each campus is unique but has a similar vibe and culture as the original Solana Beach campus. It includes a state-of-the-art recording studio and mixed-media art studio for students to express their creativity. There are also two Homework Caf spaces, one silent and one social, where students complete their homework before leaving for the day.The educational experience at Fusion is completely customized to ignite a student's passion for learning. Classes are self-paced, and course materials are presented in ways that suit students individual interest, strengths and challenges. It was modeled around the needs of students who weren t finding their place in more traditional school environments whether they struggled with mild learning differences, social issues, the rigid scheduling of more traditional schools, or the boredom of a classroom not geared to accelerated learners.From algebra to yoga and everything in between, Fusion offers over 250 middle and high school courses, all of which meet state standards. Classes are available at three levels: essential, college prep, and honors. Fusion teachers have also created classes for students if there is something students would like to learn that isn t available in their catalog, while still adhering to state standards.Along with personalized curriculum, Fusion's one-to-one teaching model also allows for the customization of scheduling. Students may enroll at any time of the year, and take classes at a time of day that works best for them, which appeals to students who have demanding schedules outside of school because of sports or artistic involvement.Some students enroll full time, while others utilize Fusion's tutoring and mentoring services. Their tutors are their teachers who are passionate about and have mastered their subject matter. Families also turn to Fusion to support their homeschooling efforts by taking classes for credit like world languages and lab sciences.While it's impossible to put our students into categories, we generally serve students with the following backgrounds: ADHD, accelerated/gifted learners, dyslexia, mild learning differences, social challenges, school anxiety, or students with challenging schedules. Students who attend Fusion have one thing in common: traditional school isn t working.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: 4-12 | 215 students
838 Kearny Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415) 922-6081 2.2 4-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 420 students
1563 Page St
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415) 626-2919 3.3 9-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.