Tel: (585) 567-8115
- Houghton Academy is a Christian, college-prep boarding and day school enrolling students in grades 6 - 12.
- John Nelson, Head of School, describes our program as having a three-fold emphasis on head, heart and hands.
- We seek to supply core knowledge, allow knowledge to be informed by faith, and then encourage students to put their knowledge and faith into action.
- To that end, we offer more than academic coursework.
- We encourage our students to get involved in sports or music or drama or art or publishing as we believe that good education should encompass more than just books and information.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||College Calculus 1 (dual credit), College Computer Science 1 (dual credit), College General Physics (dual credit), College Introduction to American Government & Politics (dual credit), College Introduction to Computers & Applications (dual credit), College Introduction to Literature (dual credit), College Principles of Writing (dual credit)|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Land's End Uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 10 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Day Tuition & Fees: $7,995 US Boarding Tution, Room and Board, & Fees: $34,115 International Boarding Tuition, Room and Board, & Fees: $37,165|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||John Nelson|
|Admissions Associate||Sandy Merrill|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Badminton, Band, Choir, Community Service Club, Drama, Handbell Choir, National Honor Society, Ski/Snowboarding Club, Student Senate, Worship Team, Yearbook Club|
- Established in 1883, Houghton Academy has a long history of successfully preparing students for the challenges of college and of life. Comprised of both boarding students and day students, a Houghton education is based on Christian philosophy of education. The faculty and staff at Houghton Academy are committed to serving as positive adult role-models for our students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hoosick Grades: 8-12 | 194 students
14 Pine Valley Rd
Hoosick, NY 12089
(518) 686-7331 247.4 8-12
- Lake Placid Grades: 9-12 | 190 students
92 Northwood Rd
Lake Placid, NY 12946
(518) 523-3357 244.1 9-12
- Millbrook Grades: 9-12 | 326 students
131 Millbrook School Rd
Millbrook, NY 12545
(845) 677-8261 236 9-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.