- We the faith community of St. Greogry the Great Catholic School, in keeping with the Catholic tradition nurture in our children and one another spiritual, personal and academic growth through prayer and Christ-like service.
- St. Gregory the Great Catholic School endorses its educational ministry through the three objectives of personal spirituality, social justice, and a strong academic program in accordance with Catholic values.
- This commitment extends to building Christian community and to fostering Christian service.
- We endeavor to promote the development of each child according to his/her spiritual growth and intellectual aptitude.
- As a Christian community, we take a personal interest in each student's emotional needs, physical needs and cultural background.
- We partner with the family in the education and formation of the whole child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||519 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Green pants/plaid skirts & white shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,200|
|Tuition Notes||PK Tuition: 5,995 Kinder: 5,500 1st-8th: 5,200 2nd,3rd child: 4,500 4th child: 2,600 discount(1st-8th only) Discounted In Parish Tuition available . Please see website for details.|
|Admissions Director||Jean Hoskins|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ballet, Book Clubs, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Dance Teams, Drama Club, Guitar/Keyboarding, Irish Dance, Lego Club, Math Club, Religion Club, Renaissance Recorders, Spanish Club, Tech Club, Tumbling, Young Astronomers Ballet, Book Clubs, Cheerleading, Chess Club, Dance Teams, Drama Club, Irish Dance, Lego Club, Math Club, Religion Club, Spanish Club, Tech Club, Tumbling, Guitar/Keyboarding,
- Over the past 59 years, St. Gregory the Great Catholic School has provided outstanding educational and spiritual opportunities to thousands of children in a private school setting.Discover how Great Faith, Great Hope and Great Love guides the development of your child at St Gregory the Great Catholic School.In our classrooms, God is invited, excellence is expected, virtues are nurtured and love drives us. Discover our Great Blessings.A Great Education is only complete when it is inspired through an understanding of our Great God.St Gregory the Great is a PreK-3 through 8th Grade Catholic School focused on three Great Objectives:Personal Spirituality, a Strong Academic Program and Social JusticeWe strive to fully live our Catholic faith and pursue academic excellence with great dedication. We are a Catholic community dedicated to educating and developing the whole child.
Profile last updated: 05/28/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 993 students
9401 Starcrest Dr
San Antonio, TX 78217
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 437 students
119 E Craig Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
San AntonioGrades: K-12 | 230 students
5401 N Loop 1604 E
San Antonio, TX 78247
San AntonioGrades: K-8 | 441 students
5630 W Commerce St
San Antonio, TX 78237
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 541 students
15415 Red Robin Rd
San Antonio, TX 78255
We love St. Gregory's. We switched our son from another Catholic school mid year last year. It was an easy transition because the teachers and students were very welcoming. The academics are top notch with a lot of homework, even in kindergarten. Discipline is fair. They try every avenue to work with kids. There are counselors and specialists available. The after school programs are great and affordable. There is a fabulous.parent volunteer group where parents can work off some if the tuition.
- Posted by Parent - jas59
My family has been at the school for 9 years and we have been very impressed with the nuturing, faith-filled environment! The teachers are very knowledgable and thorough. And we truly know that the needs of the students are the first priority! Beautiful Catholic and holy place!
- Posted by Parent - gkhso
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.