St Theresa Grade School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (908) 276-7220
- Saint Theresa School, a Catholic parish school in the Archdiocese of Newark, is dedicated to the cultivation of academic excellence and the spiritual and social enrichment of each student.
- Through the implementation of the educational system of Saint John Bosco, a caring faculty utilizes reason, religion, and loving kindness, to develop each student to his/her full potential.
- With Christ as the example, the Saint Theresa Community grows in a family atmosphere in which each individual experiences respect, challenge, responsibility and exceptional love.
- Because a school’s commitment to excellence demands a constant review of its program and goals, St. Theresa School continues to reevaluate and assess our goals as set forth in our Middle States plan.
- To fulfill our goal of preparing our students for the Third Millennium, we have recognized the importance of technology, therefore, we have furnished our school with a computer lab consisting of 30 computers, all with internet access.
- We have also installed computers with internet access in each of our classrooms, and increased the number of weekly computer classes for grades 1-8.
- We have also provided our Faculty with the in-service training necessary for integrating technology into the curriculum.
- St. Theresa School exists to serve the members of St. Theresa Parish, therefore, preference in admission is given to children of worshiping members of the parish who are actively involved in parish life.
- Priority in admission adheres to the following criteria active Parishioner.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||343 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elizabeth Grades: K-8 | 193 students
237 South Broad Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
(908) 355-0717 4.2 K-8
- Elizabeth Grades: PK-8 | 161 students
227 Center St
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
(908) 352-7419 4.7 PK-8
St. Theresas has become a family to us. My kids have made wonderful friends, have been taught by fantastic teachers, and have received an excellent education. We made the right choice leaving the Kenilworth public school system. The 8th graders have all been accepted to great high schools! I am very pleased.
- Posted by Parent - mamad
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.