Chaminade College Preparetory
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Chaminade College Preparatory is a Catholic coeducational institution for young men and women from grades six through twelve.
- Chaminade Middle School is committed to educating students who will positively influence the future.
- Guidelines, influenced by the Marianist philosophy of education, provide students with a firm foundation in faith, a college preparatory education that recognizes the need for adaptation and change, and the ability to both identify and act upon the global community's need for service.
- Academic integrity, teamwork, dialogue, acceptance of others, and the search for truth are key elements of the curriculum.
- Life long learning, critical thinking and creativity are strong components of the educational goals Chaminade has for each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||1984 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||118 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Encino Grades: NS-8 | 299 students
4548 Haskell Ave.
Encino, CA 91436
(818)501-4155 8.8 NS-8
- Thousand Oaks Grades: 5-12 | 1320 students
31749 La Tienda Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(818)824-9492 15.9 5-12
- Woodland Hills Grades: K-8 | 586 students
20874 Ventura Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818)340-1924 6.4 K-8
My child attended chaminade middle and loved it. It's education is excellent, particularly in the sciences. There's also a variety of sports programs, debate and speech clubs, and a multitude of other activities. In every way this is a college prep level school. At graduation my child was prepared thru the 9th grade level and therefore was ahead of his peers at other high schools. I strongly recommend this middle school to everyone.
- Posted by Parent - Proud Parent
After 12 years living in Porter Ranch and the new school 5 minutes from our home, I thought my son might like to attend the new K1-8th grade public "middle" school, after completing 6th grade at Chaminade. My son stated he wanted to remain at Chaminade for 7th and 8th grade and follow into the High School. I asked with a "10" being best, he gives his Teachers a "10", Students (Friends) a "10" and Sports a "10". Academically he feels he is being challenged and on track compared to attending the number one LAUSD grade school. Our younger son who is "meeting LAUSD (CA) school standards" per his grade school teachers comments will be joining his older brother this year as a 6th grader at Chaminade. A big thank you to my husband and Chaminade for giving our boy(s) an excellent opportunity to want to learn and a love of school.
- Posted by Parent - franc
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.