Columbia Academy Elementary & Middle School
- Columbia Academy is a private school providing exceptional care and instruction for children.
- Columbia Academy recognized a need for an enriched Junior Kindergarten program designed for children who do not meet the Maryland State Department of Education acceptance date for Kindergarten.
- Our goal is to teach children how to learn. The Columbia Academy's philosophy is to provide students with educational tools and experiences that will stimulate their desire to learn while fostering respect for human values, which will help them become productive citizens in the classroom as well as the real world.
- Through academics and play, we encourage students to recognize the importance of making appropriate social choices and having and demonstrating respect for individuals.
- Good communication skills are the foundation for solid relationships with peers, teachers, and family.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Official school uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 30 / Apr. 30 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call and schedule a visit for more information and see are great program.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Petersen|
|Admissions Associate||Zach Hooker|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, School Store, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Middle School Girls Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run National Initiative, Intramural Sports, Soccer Shots, Tennis
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elkridge Grades: NS-8 | 271 students
5990 Old Washington Road
Elkridge, MD 21075
(410)796-3040 9.4 NS-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Identifying or evaluating private schools is the second part of the private school search process.
Sooner or later you ought to consider a single-sex school as opposed to a traditional coeducational school. Why? For several reasons.
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.