St. Barnabas Elementary School
- Welcoming and vibrant private, Catholic school that is attracting students from throughout the Southwest Chicago area.
- Offers a differentiated curriculum through its Project Match program, as well as Spanish, an all-new Mac-filled library and an infusion of reverence, respect and responsibility woven throughout the children's courses. Catch the Spirit. Be Inspired. Get Involved!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||517 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Navy pants, white shirt for boys; special plaid jumpers, skirts and white shirts for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Easily paid online through GiveCentral.org|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Sarcinella|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama Club with Spring Performance, Math/Science Clu|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 183 students
11741 S Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60643
(773)445-8850 2.2 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 369 students
9240 S Hoyne Ave
Chicago, IL 60643
(773)779-3329 1.1 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 730 students
10200 S Washtenaw Ave
Chicago, IL 60655
(773)445-4737 1.1 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.