Banner Children's Academy
Banner Children's Academy Photo #3 - Students from Banner Academy go on a science field trip to the Verde River to learn about Arizona wildlife and fauna.
- Mission: We exist to make a difference in students` and parents` lives through excellent educational programs
- .Core Values: People above all-by developing a highly individualized program for each student
- Excellence-by developing a reputation for providing the highest quality education possible
- Results-by exceeding the expectations of our students and their parents and facilitating each student to reach his or her maximum potential
- Core Purpose: To give hope Zero-tolerance PolicyAs many of our students have endured years of teasing and taunting at other schools, Banner Academy enforces a zero-tolerance policy toward bullying. Our instructors are sensitive to the emotional fragility of the students and emphasize activities which promote the development of self-esteem and empathy for others.
- Our teachers are certified to teach students with learning, emotional and behavioral disabilities, including students with autism spectrum disorders as well as content academics (e.g. English, math, science, Spanish).
Banner Children's Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||autism spectrum disorders, speech and language impairments, all learning disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||44 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress code is reviewed with parents and students prior to starting)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies depending upon special education category of eligibility. We work closely with several scholarship foundations to assist families with tuition.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shari Carlsted|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Softball, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,|
Softball, Ultimate Frisbee,
- Banner Academy is a nationally accredited private school in Tempe, Arizona, with a long history of providing education to children with autism, Asperger's syndrome, as well as emotional and learning disabilties. The school caters to students 4th through 12th grades.
- Banner Academy offers small classes, highly qualified faculty and an individualized curriculum to help students reach their full academic potential.
- Families and school districts in the Metropolitan Phoenix area place students with special needs in our day school because of our success with increasing academic and social skills, as well as reintegrating students into their homeschools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: 1-12 | 24 students
6601 N 27th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85017
(602)336-0061 11.9 1-12
- Phoenix Grades: NS-12 | 206 students
10251 N 35th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602)995-7366 14.9 NS-12
- Phoenix Grades: 1-9 | 92 students
5807 N. 43rd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85019
(602)548-3038 15.3 1-9
This school was excellent. My phone number is 480-589-1755
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Unknown
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.