Brown Memorial Weekday School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Brown Memorial Weekday School was founded in 1962 by four members of the Brown Memorial congregation.
- Its purpose, to serve the families of the greater Baltimore community.
- The church has sheltered the school through many changes and continues to do so today.
- Church and school together make up the community that is Brown Memorial Woodbrook and service to the community is still its purpose.This year will mark our 50th anniversary, we invite you to celebrate with us.
- Our Mission is to see that every child in our care is seen, heard and appreciated for the unique individual that they are.
- Our goal is to create the best possible experience for each child, fostering curiosity and a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
- Parents are important and are encouraged to be involved, not only in the parent association but also by sharing a story or a holiday practiced in their faith tradition.
- Parents have unique gifts and much to offer to our community.
- Lifetime friendships begin in our parent/child program and are reinforced while waiting outside the classroom for dismissal.
- Play dates and shared picnics on the hill after school enable parents to form relationships that strengthen each family.
- Faculty and parents help one another in the important task of mentoring children to be their best selves.
- We hope to build community as we support children and their families in challenging times.
- Our philosophy is that children learn best through creative play.
- Teachers stimulate ideas through stories, information and materials that encourage children to problem solve and use their imagination to take their play one step further.
- Many interests and ideas come from the children themselves and teachers use that enthusiasm to stimulate interest in the basic skills needed as they grow into the next phase of their school experience.
- This approach keeps children motivated towards early literacy and happy in school.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: 1-8 | 61 students
4815 Hamilton Ave
Baltimore, MD 21206
(410)488-8963 5.5 1-8
- Baltimore Grades: PK-1 | 27 students
6508 Old Harford Rd 12
Baltimore, MD 21214
(410)254-0971 3.7 PK-1
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 767 students
109 W Melrose Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410)323-8800 6 PK-12
Brown Memorial Weekday School is a warm and welcoming place with an exceptional play-based learning approach. Our daughter thrived tremendously when attending Brown, even though she didn't speak one word of english when she enrolled. The teachers are very well educated and the kids just love to go there.
- Posted by Parent - veit.
Amazing school! The teachers are dedicated and the director is full of energy and heart! After visiting several preschools/kindergartens, it was obvious that Brown Memorial Weekday School is a rare treasure. The students, each one of them, love going to school. You can see it on their faces, in the artwork that is displayed in the halls, in their laughter when they play in the outdoor mud kitchen. And the teachers are equally as happy to see the kids! What a wonderful sense of place. We love this school!!!
- Posted by Parent - kelly
My children have attended since age 2. There is nowhere like it in Maryland. The nurturing environment is perfect for all children and the curriculum allows a child to remain a child while learning. It foster a love of going to school.
- Posted by Parent - Celin
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.