Learning Tree Prep School, The
- The Learning Tree Cultural Preparatory School has been serving the Bronx and surrounding communities for over three decades, providing an excellent early learning experience from nursery through eighth grade.
- We have set fourth hundreds of youngsters into specialized schools and honored programs throughout the community.
- Our school includes Universal Pre-K programs in both Bronx Community Districts 10 and 11.
- At the Learning Tree we attribute our success to many unique factors our Advisory Board that comprised of concerned and devoted members who consistently monitor the immediate and continuing needs of the children and staff.
- Our Parent Council dedicated to enriching activities and improving our quality services.
- In our academic programs students in nursery through eighth grade are provided the opportunity to learn by doing: moving from concatenating on hands-on experiences to more abstract concepts.
- Children are not pushed beyond their capabilities or readiness, but are offered a highly accelerated program. Standardized testing is given to students in primary grades.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: K-7 | 152 students
719 E 216th St
Bronx, NY 10467
(718)653-2900 0.5 K-7
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718)549-8810 2.7 PK-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 482 students
1946 Bathgate Ave
Bronx, NY 10457
(718)583-9432 2.6 PK-8
- New Rochelle Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
340 Quaker Ridge Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)636-6202 6.9 PK-8
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.