Learning Tree Prep School, The
- The Learning Tree Cultural Preparatory School has been serving the Bronx and surrounding communities for over three decades, providing an excellent early learning experience from nursery through eighth grade.
- We have set fourth hundreds of youngsters into specialized schools and honored programs throughout the community.
- Our school includes Universal Pre-K programs in both Bronx Community Districts 10 and 11.
- At the Learning Tree we attribute our success to many unique factors our Advisory Board that comprised of concerned and devoted members who consistently monitor the immediate and continuing needs of the children and staff.
- Our Parent Council dedicated to enriching activities and improving our quality services.
- In our academic programs students in nursery through eighth grade are provided the opportunity to learn by doing: moving from concatenating on hands-on experiences to more abstract concepts.
- Children are not pushed beyond their capabilities or readiness, but are offered a highly accelerated program. Standardized testing is given to students in primary grades.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BronxGrades: K-7 | 152 students
719 E 216th St
Bronx, NY 10467
- BronxGrades: PK-12 | 1140 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
- BronxGrades: PK-8 | 482 students
1946 Bathgate Ave
Bronx, NY 10457
- New YorkGrades: PK-8 | 304 students
401 W 205th Street
New York, NY 10034
- BronxGrades: PK-8 | 662 students
760 E Gun Hill Road
Bronx, NY 10467
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.