Learning Tree Prep School, The
- The Learning Tree Cultural Preparatory School has been serving the Bronx and surrounding communities for over three decades, providing an excellent early learning experience from nursery through eighth grade.
- We have set fourth hundreds of youngsters into specialized schools and honored programs throughout the community.
- Our school includes Universal Pre-K programs in both Bronx Community Districts 10 and 11.
- At the Learning Tree we attribute our success to many unique factors our Advisory Board that comprised of concerned and devoted members who consistently monitor the immediate and continuing needs of the children and staff.
- Our Parent Council dedicated to enriching activities and improving our quality services.
- In our academic programs students in nursery through eighth grade are provided the opportunity to learn by doing: moving from concatenating on hands-on experiences to more abstract concepts.
- Children are not pushed beyond their capabilities or readiness, but are offered a highly accelerated program. Standardized testing is given to students in primary grades.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||289 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: K-7 | 152 students
719 E 216th St
Bronx, NY 10467
(718)653-2900 0.5 K-7
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 1151 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
(718)549-8810 2.7 PK-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-8 | 482 students
1946 Bathgate Ave
Bronx, NY 10457
(718)583-9432 2.6 PK-8
- New Rochelle Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
340 Quaker Ridge Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10804
(914)636-6202 6.9 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.