Minnehaha Academy Lower & Middle School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Minnehaha Academy is a private Christian school providing students with a strong spiritual and academic foundation.
- Since 1913 Minnehaha has been changing lives through the integration of faith and learning.
- From preschool through grade 12, Minnehaha educates the whole person - mind, body, and spirit.
- At the earliest age, teachers help students develop a love of learning.
- As they grow, students are encouraged to maximize their potential in the classroom, in the arts, and on the playing field.
- Minnehaha provides an excellent college preparatory curriculum, but more importantly, provides an environment that values academic achievement.
- Through Bible study, regular chapel services, and the guidance of faculty and staff who know and love God, students are given a moral compass for their lives.
- Minnehaha Academy`s mission is to provide high quality education integrating Christian faith and learning.
- We seek to lead students to commit their lives to Jesus Christ and see the importance and implications of His Lordship for whole and effective Christian living.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten - $12,470 Grade 1 - $14,770 Grades 2 and 3 - $17,080 Grade 4 - 19,080 Grade 5 (includes 5th grade retreat fee) - $19,205 Grade 6 - $19,990 Grade 7 (includes 7th grade retreat fee) - $20,865 Grade 8 - $20,755|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Ulland|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Moen|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band and Orchestra, Choir Choir, Band and Orchestra,|
- In the Lower School, we are committed to the development of the whole child academically, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually. Students in kindergarten through grade 5 embark on a journey that literally takes them around the world. Each grade focuses on a specific continent, where they learn about its culture, arts, society, politics, people and how that continent fits globally.
- Our students not only literally move up (from the first to second floor of our Lower and Middle School campus) but also figuratively with a more challenging academic curriculum. Comprising grades 6-8, we want students to feel loved and empowered in a Christ-centered environment where they can become explorers, leaders and scholars. Middle schoolers at Minnehaha Academy thrive, not just survive, during this critical developmental period because our teachers embrace all the unique personalities and create an environment where there`s virtually no bullying. That sense of connection, safety and community allows every student to reach for their very best.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Eden PrairieGrades: NS-12 | 297 students
6385 Beach Rd
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Saint PaulGrades: K-12 | 453 students
530 Lafond Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55103
- HopkinsGrades: PK-12 | 2369 students
110 Blake Road S
Hopkins, MN 55343
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1131 students
123 Ottawa Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 106 students
1115 E 19th St
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Outstanding elementary curriculum in core academics, the arts, language, and faith. My son's teacher is intelligent, caring and attentive. My son has been tested as "above grade level" in Math and English yet is challenged in his daily lessons. His teacher consistantly assesses her students needs for review, enrichment and challenge. The librarians know each student and create relationships that foster reading enjoyment and development. My son is very happy at Minnehaha Academy. He is never bored, feels safe and has made good friends. Minnehaha is worth exploring for families of all financial means.
- Posted by Parent - deerw
As someone who attended Minnehaha Academy for 14 years, I can say that it truly is a place that is founded upon excellent academics, caring community, and staff/teachers that genuinely care very deeply for each student. They look so holistically at each individual, and constantly strive to develop each student to their maximum potential. This includes giving each student the ability to ask questions and walk their own faith journey, no matter what that looks like. I am grateful for the experience I had at Minnehaha Academy and know that my life would not be the same without it. It prepared me to be successful in college, and now as I pursue my Masters Degree, I am still using the tools that I developed while attending Minnehaha Academy. If you want a place for your child to truly belong, this is it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - moenr
Nearby Homes for Sale
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.