Our Lady Of Fatima School
- Our Lady of Fatima Parish School has been, since 1954, the Catholic school in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle.
- Grades are kindergarten through 8th; the school provides a true middle school and has a preschool on site.
- Virtually all graduating 8th grade students who apply to Catholic high school are accepted.
- For 2015-2016, we offer a 1:2 ratio of iPads/Chromebooks to students. We are fully accredited and offer specialist programs in art, music, Spanish, PE, library and technology.
- We have a 9,000 volume library, computer lab, and science lab.
- We have a reading specialst for students who need assistance, and offer leadership and mentoring opportunities for high achieving students.
- Catholic values are strong, but students of all faiths are welcome.
Our Lady Of Fatima School places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms c/o Lands End and Dennis Uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,700|
|Tuition Notes||Parish vs. nonparish member rates apply for 2015-2016. Please contact the school for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Susan Burdett|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Michele Kellogg|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Creative Coding for Kids, Legos
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Children entering kindergarten must 5 years old by or on August 31st. All prospective incoming K students are assessed for readiness. Students in other grades are invited to spend a day with their potential class as part of the decision-making process; transcripts from former schools are required.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 915 students
8200 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206)527-7711 4 9-12
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 836 students
140 S 140th St
Seattle, WA 98168
(206)246-0500 12.2 9-12
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 283 students
3401 Sw Myrtle Street
Seattle, WA 98126
(206)935-0651 7.7 PK-8
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 270 students
3520 Ne 89th St
Seattle, WA 98115
(206)525-9980 5.9 PK-8
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.