Our Lady Of Fatima School
- Our Lady of Fatima Parish School has been, since 1954, the Catholic school in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle.
- Grades are kindergarten through 8th; the school provides a true middle school and has a preschool on site.
- Virtually all graduating 8th grade students who apply to Catholic high school are accepted.
- For 2015-2016, we offer a 1:2 ratio of iPads/Chromebooks to students. We are fully accredited and offer specialist programs in art, music, Spanish, PE, library and technology.
- We have a 9,000 volume library, computer lab, and science lab.
- We have a reading specialst for students who need assistance, and offer leadership and mentoring opportunities for high achieving students.
- Catholic values are strong, but students of all faiths are welcome.
Our Lady Of Fatima School places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms c/o Lands End and Dennis Uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,700|
|Tuition Notes||Parish vs. nonparish member rates apply for 2015-2016. Please contact the school for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Susan Burdett|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Michele Kellogg|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Creative Coding for Kids, Legos
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Children entering kindergarten must 5 years old by or on August 31st. All prospective incoming K students are assessed for readiness. Students in other grades are invited to spend a day with their potential class as part of the decision-making process; transcripts from former schools are required.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 915 students
8200 Wallingford Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
(206)527-7711 4 9-12
- Seattle Grades: 9-12 | 836 students
140 S 140th St
Seattle, WA 98168
(206)246-0500 12.2 9-12
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 283 students
3401 Sw Myrtle Street
Seattle, WA 98126
(206)935-0651 7.7 PK-8
- Seattle Grades: PK-8 | 270 students
3520 Ne 89th St
Seattle, WA 98115
(206)525-9980 5.9 PK-8
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.