The Westside Waldorf School
- Established in 1989, the independent, not-for-profit Westside Waldorf School serves pre-K through the elementary grades.Waldorf education has been called "the world's best-kept educational secret." From the moment you walk into a classroom at the Westside Waldorf School, you sense something special: beautiful student artwork adorning the walls, children playing musical instruments, reciting lyrical verses, or enacting dramatic portrayals of historic or mythical people.
- Most importantly, you see students who love learning, and a dedicated, Waldorf-trained faculty teaching in a way that inspires each child to bring out his or her best.The Westside Waldorf School is housed on two campuses: an Early Childhood Center in Santa Monica offers Parent-Child, Nursery and Kindergarten classes, while the McComb Campus in the Pacific Palisades encompasses a full pre-K through Eighth Grade program.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||$15,149 - $19,911|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa MonicaGrades: K-6 | 230 students
Santa Monica, CA 90404
- Santa MonicaGrades: K-8 | 315 students
1039 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403
- AltadenaGrades: PK-12 | 340 students
209 E. Mariposa Street
Altadena, CA 91001
- PasadenaGrades: PK-12 | 326 students
67 W Bellevue Dr
Pasadena, CA 91105
- PasadenaGrades: K-8 | 516 students
405 S Euclid Ave
Pasadena, CA 91101
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.