Cantwell-Sacred Heart Of Mary
Cantwell-Sacred Heart Of Mary Photo #2 - Mr. Steise comes to CSHM via the University of Notre Dame’s Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) program. The program sustains and strengthens under-resourced Catholic schools through leadership formation, research and professional service to ensure that all children, especially those from low-income families, have the opportunity to experience the gift of an excellent Catholic education. For more information please visit ace.nd.edu
Cantwell-Sacred Heart Of Mary Photo #3 - Miss Judd is another CSHM teacher that has come to our school through the University of Notre Dame’s Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) program. The program sustains and strengthens under-resourced Catholic schools through leadership formation, research and professional service to ensure that all children, especially those from low-income families, have the opportunity to experience the gift of an excellent Catholic education. For more information please visit ace.nd.edu
Cantwell-Sacred Heart Of Mary Photo #4 - Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary High School has UC approved classes that meet A-G requirements. The school offers 15 Honors classes as well as 7 AP classes.
- Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary, a College Preparatory High School owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, provides an educational environment which promotes Gospel values, celebrates diversity, develops self-worth and respect for others, encourages personal responsibility, and challenges students to share their gifts in building a just and peaceful society.
- Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary High School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and offers curricular and co-curricular activities providing all students with opportunities to pursue their interests in a supportive learning environment.
- The curriculum prepares students for admission to four-year university programs and other career challenges.
- The co-curricular program encourages students to develop mental and physical skills, a healthy competitive spirit, teamwork, and self-discipline.
Cantwell-Sacred Heart Of Mary places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||404 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Studio Art|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,980|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Velasquez|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Blanco (Internationals)|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, California Scholarship Federation, Cardinal Watch Club, Chess Club, Drama Club, Engineering Club, Environmental Club, Hope & Love, National Honor Society, Peace & Justice Club, Spanish Club, Student Council (ASB), Students In Athletics Club, Yearbook
- Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary is a Catholic coeducational high school whose philosophy and mission is based on the call of the United States Catholic Bishops, "To Teach as Jesus Did." CSHM accepts students on a space available basis. CSHM charges tuition for its educational services. CSHM has admissions requirements pertaining to academic standards, behavior and attendance as determined by the Dean of Admissions and the Principal.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Puente Grades: 9-12 | 1404 students
14301 Fairgrove Ave
La Puente, CA 91746
(626)962-2495 9.7 9-12
- Arcadia Grades: 6-12 | 168 students
5150 Farna Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)444-9531 8.4 6-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.