Mr. Steise comes to CSHM via the University of Notre Dame’s Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) program. The program sustains and strengthens under-resourced Catholic schools through leadership formation, research and professional service to ensure that all children, especially those from low-income families, have the opportunity to experience the gift of an excellent Catholic education. For more information please visit ace.nd.edu
Miss Judd is another CSHM teacher that has come to our school through the University of Notre Dame’s Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) program. The program sustains and strengthens under-resourced Catholic schools through leadership formation, research and professional service to ensure that all children, especially those from low-income families, have the opportunity to experience the gift of an excellent Catholic education. For more information please visit ace.nd.edu
Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary High School has UC approved classes that meet A-G requirements. The school offers 15 Honors classes as well as 7 AP classes.
- Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary, a College Preparatory High School owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, provides an educational environment which promotes Gospel values, celebrates diversity, develops self-worth and respect for others, encourages personal responsibility, and challenges students to share their gifts in building a just and peaceful society.
- Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary High School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and offers curricular and co-curricular activities providing all students with opportunities to pursue their interests in a supportive learning environment.
- The curriculum prepares students for admission to four-year university programs and other career challenges.
- The co-curricular program encourages students to develop mental and physical skills, a healthy competitive spirit, teamwork, and self-discipline.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||499 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Studio Art|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants, polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,980|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Velasquez|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Blanco (Internationals)|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, California Scholarship Federation, Cardinal Watch Club, Chess Club, Dance Club, Drama Club, Engineering Club, Environmental Club, Faith, Hope & Love, Film Club, Lego Club, National Honor Society, Peace & Justice Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Student Council (ASB), Varsity Club, Yearbook Art Club, Chess Club, Dance Club, Drama Club, Film Club, Lego Club, Science Club, Spanish Club, Varsity Club, Yearbook, California Scholarship Federation,
Cardinal Watch Club,
Faith, Hope & Love,
National Honor Society,
Peace & Justice Club,
Student Council (ASB),
- Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary is a Catholic coeducational high school whose philosophy and mission is based on the call of the United States Catholic Bishops, "To Teach as Jesus Did." CSHM accepts students on a space available basis. CSHM charges tuition for its educational services. CSHM has admissions requirements pertaining to academic standards, behavior and attendance as determined by the Dean of Admissions and the Principal.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
La PuenteGrades: 9-12 | 1404 students
14301 Fairgrove Ave
La Puente, CA 91746
DowneyGrades: 9-12 | 288 students
7851 Gardendale St
Downey, CA 90242
Panorama CityGrades: 9-12 | 615 students
13967 Roscoe Blvd
Panorama City, CA 91402
GardenaGrades: 9-12 | 600 students
14830 Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA 90249
PasadenaGrades: 9-12 | 709 students
3880 E Sierra Madre Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.