Cantwell-Sacred Heart Of Mary
Cantwell-Sacred Heart Of Mary Photo #2 - The school provides an atmosphere of learning which develops an awareness of self-worth, respect and responsibility toward others. All students are challenged to utilize their unique gifts to promote the common good and the glory of God.
Cantwell-Sacred Heart Of Mary Photo #3 - Mr. Steise comes to CSHM via the University of Notre Dame's Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) program. The program sustains and strengthens under-resourced Catholic schools through leadership formation, research and professional service to ensure that all children, especially those from low-income families, have the opportunity to experience the gift of an excellent Catholic education. For more information please visit ace.nd.edu
Cantwell-Sacred Heart Of Mary Photo #4 - Miss Judd is another CSHM teacher that has come to our school through the University of Notre Dame's Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) program. The program sustains and strengthens under-resourced Catholic schools through leadership formation, research and professional service to ensure that all children, especially those from low-income families, have the opportunity to experience the gift of an excellent Catholic
- Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary, a College Preparatory High School owned and operated by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, provides an educational environment which promotes Gospel values, celebrates diversity, develops self-worth and respect for others, encourages personal responsibility, and challenges students to share their gifts in building a just and peaceful society.
- Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary High School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and offers curricular and co-curricular activities providing all students with opportunities to pursue their interests in a supportive learning environment.
- The curriculum prepares students for admission to four-year university programs and other career challenges.
- The co-curricular program encourages students to develop mental and physical skills, a healthy competitive spirit, teamwork, and self-discipline.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||379 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Studio Art|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,640|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Velasquez|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Blanco (Internationals)|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Drama Club, Engineering Club, Environmental Club, Hope & Love, National Honor Society, Peace & Justice Club, Spanish Club, Student Council (ASB), Students In Athletics Club, Yearbook
- Cantwell-Sacred Heart of Mary is a Catholic coeducational high school whose philosophy and mission is based on the call of the United States Catholic Bishops, "To Teach as Jesus Did." CSHM accepts students on a space available basis. CSHM charges tuition for its educational services. CSHM has admissions requirements pertaining to academic standards, behavior and attendance as determined by the Dean of Admissions and the Principal.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Puente Grades: 9-12 | 1404 students
14301 Fairgrove Ave
La Puente, CA 91746
(626)962-2495 9.7 9-12
- Arcadia Grades: 6-12 | 166 students
5150 Farna Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)444-9531 8.4 6-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.