Pusch Ridge Christian Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
- Pusch Ridge Christian Academy is for students in grades K-12. We offer a classical education in three stages of the trivium. Our Grammar School, grades K-5, is the grammar stage, Middle School, grades 6-8 is the logic stage and High School, grades 9-12, is the rhetoric stage. As a covenantal school, we enroll children from families with a clear commitment to rearing their children in the Christian faith.
- As a classical school we have a strong emphasis on academic rigor (reflected in our high test scores) and exposing our children to the best in music, art, and literature.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(available upon request)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,516|
|Tuition Notes||High School - $10,516 Grades 6-8 - $9,625 Grades 1-5 - $9,130 Kinder- $7,590Note the field trips and some overnight trips, sports fees and all lab and art fees are included.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Casey Robinson|
|Admissions Associate||Amy Garelick|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama Production
- Accredited through Association of Christian Schools International
- K - 12 school system
- Rigorous academics include: accelerated math, nature studies journals, recitations, foreign language, traditional grammar, narrations, honors and AP classes, dual college credit, art & music programs and appreciation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tucson Grades: K-10 | 139 students
8725 E Speedway Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)731-2100 9.7 K-10
- Tucson Grades: PK-K | 20 students
7730 North Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85704
(520)297-6121 2.8 PK-K
- Tucson Grades: 6-12 | 40 students
2030 S Mission Road
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520)883-4999 14.1 6-12
- Tucson Grades: PK-7 | 133 students
7801 E Kenyon Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
(520)792-7070 9.9 PK-7
I have three children who have been attending Pusch Ridge for many years. I am so grateful that my boy and girls have been challenged academically, encouraged by loving teachers and stretched to work hard and give their best on the fields, on the courts and in the classrooms. The community of families are second to none, and I am so grateful to have these families and teachers helping us raise our three kids. Tax credits make a private Christian education accessible to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - Grateful
Pusch has been a wonderful place for both our children. We love the covenantal community which works together to guide all students. I can't imagine their high school experiences being better anywhere else. The teachers care about their students and model Christ-like behaviors. My son received a scholarship to play college sports which was comprised of both academic and athletic awards We truly feel blessed to be a part of the Pusch Community.
- Posted by Parent - Pleased Parent
My sons thrived at Pusch Ridge! They were challenged by rigorous classes and mentored by coaches who cared as much about character as they did performance. As a parent, I knew my sons were being taught by teachers who knew them well, called out their talents and abilities, and truly desired God's best for them. Each was well prepared for college academics. Most importantly, Pusch Ridge helped give my sons a truly biblical worldview, with living examples to emulate for the rest of their lives.
- Posted by Parent - Thanks2Him
All of my children have gone or are currently going through Cornerstone Christian Academy. We are very impressed by its quality academic as well as grace-filled spiritual environment for our kids. The school's commitment to time-tested classical education from a biblical perspective is priceless.
- Posted by Parent - atill
We love Cornerstone Christian Academy! Their teachers are nurturing providing a small teacher-studio ratio, the school is well-run by the administration. CCA provides a classical education style combined with diverse extra-curricular activities, along with Christian values. Definitely worth checking out.
- Posted by Parent - jenee
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.