The Mount Vernon School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Yearly Tuition: $25,250
- Average class size: 21 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15 / Jan. 25 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
The Mount Vernon School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
Academics and Faculty
khakis and polos except Wed, formal uniform for chapel, spirit day ever friday
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Business and Entrepreneurship Club, Chess Club, Community Service Clubs, FIRST Robotics, Foreign Language Clubs, Interact Club, Math/Science Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Literary Magazine, Thespian Society
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Mustangs in Training
- In the last 10 years, Mount Vernon has experienced exponential growth in enrollment, partnered with major corporations, transformed teaching and learning, received exceptional accreditation status, expanded athletic and arts programs, and served as a consulting agency for hundreds of schools and educators throughout the world. The School has become a nationally recognized innovative independent school and brand in Atlanta and throughout the country.
- After GraduationRecent graduates include National Merit Commended Scholars, Morehead-Cain Finalists, QuestBridge Finalists, STAMPS Scholars, and signed collegiate athletes. Alumni go on to attend some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the United States including Harvard, Stanford, Cornell, Columbia, UPenn, US Naval Academy, Brown, Yale, USC, Dartmouth, Virginia, Tulane, UNC Chapel Hill, Morehouse, Davidson, SCAD, Richmond, Wake Forest, Michigan, Pepperdine, and many more. After college, Mount Vernon Alumni can be found working in the fast-paced world of social media for NBA teams, living and working internationally in Paris for global tech companies, pioneering new technologies in Silicon Valley for companies like Meta, and serving our country as medical, nuclear, and technological specialists in the military.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does The Mount Vernon School cost?
The Mount Vernon School's tuition is approximately $25,250 for private students.
What sports does The Mount Vernon School offer?
The Mount Vernon School offers 20 interscholastic sports: Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. The Mount Vernon School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for The Mount Vernon School?
The application deadline for The Mount Vernon School is Dec. 15 / Jan. 25 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 15 / Jan. 25 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse The Mount Vernon School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards