The Mount Vernon School
- Top Ranked GA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Yearly Tuition: $25,250
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15 / Feb. 1 / rolling
The Mount Vernon School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
Academics and Faculty
(khakis and polos except Wed, formal uniform for chapel, spirit day ever friday)
Finances and Admission
Business and Entrepreneurship Club, Chess Club, Community Service Clubs, FIRST Robotics, Foreign Language Clubs, Interact Club, Math/Science Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Literary Magazine, Thespian Society
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Mustangs in Training
- Mount Vernon, in Sandy Springs, is a preK-12 school based in inquiry, innovation, and impact. We believe that when teachers truly know and understand their students' curiosities and passions, incredible things can happen.
- Mount Vernon students aren't afraid to act, to reach out, and to engage with the world beyond their school. By connecting with external experts, MV students are designing Virtual Reality experiences for CHOA patients in a flagship Dell/Alienware VR/AR lab; students have created market-ready prototypes with Delta and Chic-fil-a; consulted with the local Lost Corner Preserve to code new apps, and worked with the City of Sandy Springs to create a book detailing the local parks (designed by preschoolers, for preschoolers).
- While doing real-world work is what sets MV students apart, the Mount Vernon community is what brings us together.
- With over 20 varsity sports, 15+ theatrical and music performances for 2019-2020, the annual Mustang Rally celebration, and numerous clubs and organizations, Mount Vernon offers students and families ever-expanding opportunities to connect and excel both academically and socially. The unique combination of rigorous and relevant academic experiences with a connected community allows our students to consistently prove themselves at the collegiate level with acceptances to Brown, NYU, Lafayette, Naval Academy, Duke, Georgia Tech (to name a few) and prestigious scholarships and awards.
- As we recognize that education must adapt and change to meet the challenges of tomorrow, we are excited to open the doors of our new Upper School building for the 2019-2020 school year. State-of-the-art and learner-centered, the new Upper School building will provide flexible spaces, learning studios, and modern facilities for all disciplines and STEAM fields so our students can continue pursuing their curiosities and passions.
- Discover more about the amazing work our students are doing by visiting mountvernonschool.org.
Endorse The Mount Vernon School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards