White Mountain Waldorf School
Tel: (603) 447-3168
- The White Mountain Waldorf School is an independent school that offers the choice of Waldorf education, Nursery through Eighth grade, to the Mt. Washington Valley and its surrounding communities.
- At the White Mountain Waldorf School, we believe that children deserve an inspired education that allows them to grow up strong, happy and healthy; children thrive in our school.
- Our dedicated and loving teachers provide a solid foundation for lifelong learning by joyfully immersing children in art, music, math, language, movement and play.
- We see children`s capacities grow here daily: intellectually, socially, artistically and spiritually.
- This enables each amazingly unique child to work and play with freedom and joy throughout their lives.
White Mountain Waldorf School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / Jun. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,220|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition above is for Elementary Grades 2014-15. Pre-school ranges from $2300-$5500.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Karen Albert|
|Admissions Associate||Admin Assistant|
- Admissions process - attend open house or walk through the grades, fill out application and then schedule an information session with appropriate teacher. If elementary student, assessment will be done to determine grade placement, and three-day observation with class scheduled.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Manchester Grades: 6-12 | 386 students
2108 River Road
Manchester, NH 03104
(603) 669-4524 68.1 6-12
- Meriden Grades: 9-12 | 340 students
64 Main Street
Meriden, NH 03770
(603) 469-2100 63.4 9-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.